New Win32 VM (3.9.1)

Andreas.Raab
Hi Folks -

I was in a VM-building mood today and took the chance to build an
updated Win32 VM based on the latest VMMaker. Since it has been a while
since the last update you might be a bit cautious about updating
production systems (the 3.7.x series is one of the most stable releases
that I've ever done) and give 3.9.1 a good workout first. There
shouldn't be any major differences other than that this VM is built with
the new build structure but if you find any problems, please let me know.

Binaries are here:
http://www.squeakvm.org/win32/release/SqueakVM-Win32-3.9.1-bin.zip

Sources are here:
http://www.squeakvm.org/win32/release/SqueakVM-Win32-3.9.1-src.zip

Enjoy,
   - Andreas

Re: New Win32 VM (3.9.2)

Andreas.Raab
Hi Folks -

Turns out that the Makefile I used had a small but in some situations
significant problem (which is both, hard to explain as well as to
debug). To avoid any possible problems I've built another VM (3.9.2)
that is available here:

http://www.squeakvm.org/win32/release/SqueakVM-Win32-3.9.2-bin.zip
http://www.squeakvm.org/win32/release/SqueakVM-Win32-3.9.2-src.zip

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Andreas Raab wrote:

> Hi Folks -
>
> I was in a VM-building mood today and took the chance to build an
> updated Win32 VM based on the latest VMMaker. Since it has been a while
> since the last update you might be a bit cautious about updating
> production systems (the 3.7.x series is one of the most stable releases
> that I've ever done) and give 3.9.1 a good workout first. There
> shouldn't be any major differences other than that this VM is built with
> the new build structure but if you find any problems, please let me know.
>
> Binaries are here:
> http://www.squeakvm.org/win32/release/SqueakVM-Win32-3.9.1-bin.zip
>
> Sources are here:
> http://www.squeakvm.org/win32/release/SqueakVM-Win32-3.9.1-src.zip
>
> Enjoy,
>   - Andreas

Re: New Win32 VM (3.9.2)

Klaus D. Witzel
Hi Andreas,

have run the binary on all the tests in the OLPC(etoys)dev image: nothing
happened that was unexpected (haven't checked failed tests before/after).

Also, running the same tests with a locally built 3.9.2 VM (gcc version
2.95.2 19991024 (release)), nothing happened that was unexpected.

Doing this with a Squeak-dev image, all I got was an impression on how
rotten these tests are. This is nothing which can tell before/after
whether or not an updated VM is happy with the image (IMHO).

<ALL>Can someone from the Squeak image builder guild please recommend a
downloadable, recent image which does not balk (syntax errors, etc) and
does not get a very serious heart attack when performing all the in-image
tests (panes turn red with yellow cross, information about test status is
lost, etc). TIA.</ALL>

What's missing is a read.me in any of the top level directories of the
.zip files, same with license information (haven't checked any
subdirectory).

Thanks again.

/Klaus