New lesson: "Creating your first Cobalt island"

New lesson: "Creating your first Cobalt island"

Americo Damasceno
At this lesson you will know and use the island of "San Minimum", for the
creation of YOUR island, that will have any name you like. A real island that
can be downloaded and used standalone or at any WiFi network.

The lesson has 2 parts, and the first is available now and the second will be
tomorrow.

The TOC of the Manual is at:

http://www.opencroquet.org/index.php/Basic_Croquet-Cobalt_Island_Creator_Manual

New lesson:

Americo Damasceno
Pay attention to the concept of "Registered Visitor", that is VERY important
for security reasons. A Cobalt island can access (now) the hard disk of the
machine of the visitor. So  we need to be careful with the architecture of the
product , to avoid it.

You will see also that our island has "horizontal collision", implemented by
script.

Play, enjoy and let me know, here, if you have any doubt  and if all is working
for you. Your feedback is very important for us. Thanks.

Re: New lesson:

Jose L. Salmeron
Hi,

The avatar is frozen in the middle of the island.

Jose L. Salmeron <[hidden email]>

Re: New lesson:

Jose L. Salmeron-2
Hi,

My avatar is moving right now. The problem appears when I click over the
register ball. The head keep moving and I can move the avatar with
keyboard but mouse doesn't respond. Is it correct?

--
Regards
                             _____________
                     http://www.upo.es/eps/salmeron

Re: New lesson:

Americo Damasceno
Salmeron:

The avatar of the SanMinimum island has some restriction (by security reasons):

1 - Only the "owner" of the island can be a Registered Visitor. So, when the
island is made "public", to be shared at any WiFi network, the "owner" needs to
click the Register Ball. If this do not occurs, and another visitor tries to
click it, the island will freeze.

2 -  After beeing a Registered, an avatar can't click the Ball again to be not
anymore a registered. It will freeze.

3 - Beeing a Registered, only can be used the keyboard keys to move the avatar,
not the mouse.

Thanks. Your feedback is very importamt for us. I hope to have answered your
questions. Let me know if not.

Re: New lesson:

Jose L. Salmeron
Everything is clear now. Thank you Americo.

--
Jose L. Salmeron <[hidden email]>