New location for OSProcess?

Stephan Eggermont-3
Hi

I noticed OSProcess is not on Smalltalkhub or ss3 and still changes regularly.
As Squeaksource is going static in 10 days or so, I wondered where it is going to move
to?

Stephan

Re: New location for OSProcess?

David T. Lewis
On Thu, Jul 04, 2013 at 06:10:35PM +0200, Stephan Eggermont wrote:
> Hi
>
> I noticed OSProcess is not on Smalltalkhub or ss3 and still changes regularly.
> As Squeaksource is going static in 10 days or so, I wondered where it is going to move
> to?

I've never been one to rush into a decision unnecessarily ;-)

I guess I'll probably move my projects over to ss3 when the time comes. I just
want something stable and well managed for the long term, and ss3 seems to
fit that bill.

I think that Bert had mentioned some time ago that there had been earlier
discussion of just moving SqueakSource over to the squeak.org servers and
keeping it going there. From my point of view this might be simpler than
copying all those projects around and updating various loader scripts.
Anyone else think this might be a good thing to do?

Dave

Re: New location for OSProcess?

Chris Muller-3
>> I noticed OSProcess is not on Smalltalkhub or ss3 and still changes regularly.
>> As Squeaksource is going static in 10 days or so, I wondered where it is going to move
>> to?
>>

> I've never been one to rush into a decision unnecessarily ;-)

I like your style.

> I think that Bert had mentioned some time ago that there had been earlier
> discussion of just moving SqueakSource over to the squeak.org servers and
> keeping it going there. From my point of view this might be simpler than
> copying all those projects around and updating various loader scripts.
> Anyone else think this might be a good thing to do?

The priority behind that idea is preservation.  There is a lot of code
on SS that should not be lost.

In case the stability problem would be too problematic, it was also
suggested it would be a read-only copy.

Currently SS still accepts new versions of existing projects, is that
the capability Stephan is saying will stop in 10 days?