NewMorphic how do you compose coordinate systems?

NewMorphic how do you compose coordinate systems?

Jerome Peace
Hi Juan,

I am making a run at coding the morphic with
alternating location and morphs. (in 3.9-3.10)
And I realized I don't understand something about new
morphic.

When you have a morphic tree of several morphs deep.
How do you compose the coord system transformations to
get from the inner moprh to the outer world?

Think of a really horrible case and explain that. (
e.g. alternating cartesian and xlog stuff several
iterations deep.)  How would new morphic handle that?

Re: NewMorphic how do you compose coordinate systems?

Juan Vuletich-4
Hi Jerome,

Jerome Peace escribió:

> Hi Juan,
>
> I am making a run at coding the morphic with
> alternating location and morphs. (in 3.9-3.10)
> And I realized I don't understand something about new
> morphic.
>
> When you have a morphic tree of several morphs deep.
> How do you compose the coord system transformations to
> get from the inner moprh to the outer world?
>
> Think of a really horrible case and explain that. (
> e.g. alternating cartesian and xlog stuff several
> iterations deep.)  How would new morphic handle that?
>
> Yours in curiosity and service, --Jerome Peace

The only reasonable way: draw something "horrible" on the screen!
Really, a xlog system will "xlogize" all it displays.

So a cartesian system in a xlog system will look like a xlog system. A
polar system would look "xlogized" i.e. with a weird zoom in at the left
end and zoom out at the right end.

If you put an xlog system inside the other, it would compose the
transformations the same way: the left end will have way too much zoom
in, and the right end too much zoom out. Most likely not very useful anyway.

Does this make sense to you?

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich