[Newcompiler] latest packages on SqueakMap

[Newcompiler] latest packages on SqueakMap

Stéphane Ducasse-3

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Marcus Denker <[hidden email]>
> Date: 14 avril 2007 11:43:42 HAEC
> To: "Closures... The New Compiler AST IRBuilder"
> <[hidden email]>
> Subject: [Newcompiler] latest packages on SqueakMap
> <[hidden email]>
>
> Hi,
>
> The latest
>
> SmaCC
> AST
> RefactoringEngine
> NewCompiler
>
> packages are now on SqueakMap, for getting them more stress-tested....
>
> Marcus

Re: [Newcompiler] latest packages on SqueakMap

keith1y
Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Marcus Denker <[hidden email]>
>> Date: 14 avril 2007 11:43:42 HAEC
>> To: "Closures... The New Compiler AST IRBuilder"
>> <[hidden email]>
>> Subject: [Newcompiler] latest packages on SqueakMap
>> <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The latest
>>
>>     SmaCC
>>     AST
>>     RefactoringEngine
>>     NewCompiler
>>
>> packages are now on SqueakMap, for getting them more stress-tested....
>>
>>     Marcus

Do you have any documentation on the improvements or otherwise that have
been made to SmaCC?

Are there any more tutorials for SmaCC lying around, other than the very
basic tutorail that is included?

Has there been any improvement to debugging support?

Keith

Re: [Newcompiler] latest packages on SqueakMap

Marcus Denker

On 15.04.2007, at 16:08, Keith Hodges wrote:

> Do you have any documentation on the improvements or otherwise that
> have been made to SmaCC?

SmaCCDev-lr.17.mcz Lukas Renggli, 22 January 2007 1:18 pm
Removed huge methods with item-set-comment and symbole-comment, as they
take too long to load and provide no additional value.

SmaCCDev-lr.16.mcz Lukas Renggli, 8 January 2007 11:54:43 pm
- Port of SmaCC 1.0.5 from VisualWorks
- Fixes many issues
- Optimized transition tables and code generation
- Better parser error handling
- More tests and some examples
- Is bootstrapped from itself
- Correctly compiles Java, Smalltalk and C example parser
- Slightly improved GUI

SmaCCDev-lr.9.mcz Lukas Renggli, 6 January 2007 8:11:46 pm
- added code build the scanner scanner/parser and the parser scanner/
parser
- this currently does not work due to some strange bugs

SmaCCDev-lr.8.mcz Lukas Renggli, 3 January 2007 10:55:58 pm
made the test actually work

SmaCCDev-lr.7.mcz Lukas Renggli, 3 January 2007 9:07:01 pm
Added a test that makes SmaCC badly fail :-(
Now I wonder if this is a bug recently introduced into the rewrite
engine ...

SmaCCDev-lr.6.mcz Lukas Renggli, 3 January 2007 7:40:09 pm
Fixes the remaining failing test (and possible bugs): SmaCC always
generates identity
comparisons for Characters, what is no longer true in 3.8 and 3.9 as
Unicode Characters
are not cached and newly instanciated upon request. This fix modifies
the code generator
  to emit simple comparisons.

SmaCCDev-md.5.mcz Marcus Denker, 26 July 2006 2:07:59 pm
convert _

SmaCC-lr.13.mcz Lukas Renggli, 8 January 2007 11:51:45 pm
- Port of SmaCC 1.0.5 from VisualWorks
- Fixes many issues, especially related to SmaCCToken

> Are there any more tutorials for SmaCC lying around, other than the
> very basic tutorail that is included?
>
> Has there been any improvement to debugging support?

not that I know of...

        Marcus

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment