[News] Second life will open source server code...

[News] Second life will open source server code...

Florent THIERY-2
Hi, as usual i can't prevent forwarding the news i feel in relation to
the metaverse... And this sounds like big news to me..

http://blogs.zdnet.com/social/?p=142

What do you think?

Florent

Re: [News] Second life will open source server code...

Howard Stearns
There's some discussion of this on slashdot, which, interestingly, has some
misinformation about Croquet.

http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/04/19/1611252

--
Howard Stearns
University of Wisconsin - Madison
office:+1-608-262-3724
mobile:+1-608-658-2419

Re: [News] Second life will open source server code...

Bert Freudenberg

On Apr 20, 2007, at 16:23 , Howard Stearns wrote:

> There's some discussion of this on slashdot, which, interestingly,
> has some misinformation about Croquet.
>
> http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/04/19/1611252

You mean in this thread I assume?

        http://tinyurl.com/29wgpo

They talk mostly about scalability. How well could the current SDK
scale theoretically and practically? And how does it compare to
actual TeaTime?

- Bert -