News Team Report for September, 2006

Giovanni Corriga
The purpose of the News team is to publish news regarding Squeak
development and use. It aims to provide a service to the Squeak
community, highlighting anything which the Squeak users may find
interesting in The Weekly Squeak newszine. It will also try to promote
Squeak outside its own community, by submitting articles and news items
to mainstream websites such as Slashdot and OSNews.

After a nine months hiatus, The Weekly Squeak is back in business, but now
in blog form.
The blog, which is available at http://weeklysqueak.wordpress.com , is getting
roughly 80 hits per day, and its feed has been added to the Planet Smalltalk
and Planet Squeak aggregators.

The most important open issues are:
1. At the moment, I'm the only one able to publish contents to the blog, even
if other contributors can write article which I have to approve. This will
likely change in the future once we get the hang of the thing.
2. The blog is somewhat disconnected from the mailing lists; we should start
sending weekly summaries to the squeak-dev, beginners and announcements lists.
3. The only mailing lists tracked at the moment are squeak-dev and seaside.

Proposed actions, scheduled for October:
1. Try to add one or two posts to the blog everyday.
2. Resume production of weekly summaries to be sent to the mailing list(s).
3. Try to find some more contributors, and start tracking more mailing lists.

Long term actions
1. start producing articles to be sent to mainstream news sites.
2. move the blog to news.squeak.org maybe?
3. change the look of the blog to resemble the one of www.squeak.org

Everyone can subscribe to the list, even if just for lurking, but new
team members are always welcome ;)

        Giovanni

RE: News Team Report for September, 2006

J J-6
This is spectacular.  Especially the mailing list summaries and trying to
get a post or two every day.  Nothing brings more people into a restaurant
like a full parking lot.

Il giorno mar, 03/10/2006 alle 17.43 +0000, J J ha scritto:
> This is spectacular.  Especially the mailing list summaries and trying to
> get a post or two every day.  Nothing brings more people into a restaurant
> like a full parking lot.

Thanks! would you like to give us a hand?

        Giovanni