[News - Via metaversed] VNC in Second Life client

12

VISTA crashes Croquet?

Nino Galante
my system is Windows XP regularly updated, where i was running croquet till few
weeks ago.

Suddenly, some days ago, VM crashed.

Today i reinstalled NVIDIA previous driver and now croquet run again.

a. g.

Re: VISTA crashes Croquet?

Paul Sheldon-2
Thanks for discussion in this thread and confirmation from Antonino Galante
of the following :

Erik Anderson" <[hidden email]> wrote :

"it sounds like MS has relented and is permitting driver manufacturers to
include
OpenGL in their products again"

I am trying to do a windows xp install for a dear friend that is local, but
fear that "include in their products again" might mean Vista only.

So, I asked myself (surfed inner game of coaching, you see).

I googled "windows xp" openGL and got the following hit abstracts :

"The video drivers on the Windows XP CD-ROM (That are installed by default)
do not
support ..."

"However, XP does support the graphics standard OpenGL by way of your video
card
drivers. "

So, what I think I am seeing is MS might put the drivers on their install
disks
for Vista, someday, but are now allowing hooks or whatever for us to take
initiatives to put in our card drivers.

Recall Antonino Galante had written :
"Today i reinstalled NVIDIA previous driver and now croquet run again."

From this I suspect that the current Vista cd makes a "clean install"
without
the openGL drivers but MS as vista doesn't prevent you from taking
initiatives
on install of drivers, in this case a reinstall.

Well, I hope my composition brings more clarity to this thread.

12