Not default horizontal collision yet

Americo Damasceno
You can note also, at the 3D lesson 6, that the avatar doesn't have default
horizontal collision (against walls, by example). It's possible the definition
of horizontal collision only by code (Not suported yet for Web-Cobalt. Only for
Croquet-Cobalt. Like we did at "SanMinimum island", for a registered visitor.)

May be in the near future we will have default horizontal collision for the
avatar. It's a decision of the developers' group...

Re: Not default horizontal collision yet

Les Howell
On Sat, 2008-04-19 at 15:53 -0400, Americo Damasceno wrote:
> You can note also, at the 3D lesson 6, that the avatar doesn't have default
> horizontal collision (against walls, by example). It's possible the definition
> of horizontal collision only by code (Not suported yet for Web-Cobalt. Only for
> Croquet-Cobalt. Like we did at "SanMinimum island", for a registered visitor.)
>
> May be in the near future we will have default horizontal collision for the
> avatar. It's a decision of the developers' group...
I think this is positively mandatory.  For a simulation to be effective
it must meet expectations, especially for kids who have real black and
white views of the world.  It might open their eyes to other
possibilities to have the ability to turn collisions on and off, but it
would be so disconcerting to some that you would lose them completely.
As I think of others, that would apply to lots of adults as well, maybe
more so because they have already learned certain expectations from
objects in their experience.

Regards,
Les H