NuBlt Update

Eddie Cottongim
I thought I'd give an update on my BitBlt reimplementation in case
anyone was interested for SoC or otherwise.

Since I last mentioned it here, I've moved it to Slang, so it is
developed and built similarly to the regular BitBlt. Large portions are
auto-generated from templates (namely many of the combination rules and
pixel depth conversion), cutting down the amount of real code to be
developed. While it can't yet run a Squeak image (well, not for
long...), it can run some basic benchmarks and tests on itself. There
are bugs, but it will at least run most of the internal benchmarks. The
performance is promising, with most supported operations being faster
than stock BitBlt, and a few being slower (these need to be
special-cased). Some operations will not be supported soon, especially
the WarpBlt functionality.

I'm no longer working heavily on this, but do occasionally open it up to
fix bugs, add docs, etc.

The latest dump is available at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~cottongim/NuBltMar21-2007.st.gz

Eddie

Re: NuBlt Update

Damien Cassou-3
Why don't you finish what you have done so that everybody can us it
and be happy?

Damien Cassou

Re: NuBlt Update

Eddie Cottongim