NumericalMethods and SciSmalltalk

nacho
I have an application that uses DhbNormalDistribution from NumericalMethods in Pharo 3.
Will in the future NumericalMethods be integrated with SciSmalltalk?
Thanks in advance
Nacho
Nacho Smalltalker apprentice. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: NumericalMethods and SciSmalltalk

abergel
Very good question!

Alexandre

> On Jan 26, 2015, at 1:58 PM, nacho <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have an application that uses DhbNormalDistribution from NumericalMethods
> in Pharo 3.
> Will in the future NumericalMethods be integrated with SciSmalltalk?
> Thanks in advance
> Nacho
>

> -----
> Nacho
> Smalltalker apprentice.
> Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: NumericalMethods and SciSmalltalk

wernerk
in scismalltalk a fork of numericalmethods is used.
DhbNormalDistribution in scismalltalk should be exactly the same as in
numericalmethods and should be usable without code change.
werner

On 01/26/2015 05:58 PM, nacho wrote:
> I have an application that uses DhbNormalDistribution from NumericalMethods
> in Pharo 3.
> Will in the future NumericalMethods be integrated with SciSmalltalk?
> Thanks in advance
> Nacho

Re: NumericalMethods and SciSmalltalk

wernerk
but numericalmethods and scismalltalk are not usable together they
overwrite each other and that produces nonsense
werner

On 01/26/2015 07:50 PM, Werner Kassens wrote:
> in scismalltalk a fork of numericalmethods is used.
> DhbNormalDistribution in scismalltalk should be exactly the same as in
> numericalmethods and should be usable without code change.
> werner

Re: NumericalMethods and SciSmalltalk

nacho
That was my question. If in Pharo 4 the NumericalMethods package will be deprecated and instead SciSmalltalk will be de defacto package for stats.
thanks

Lic. Ignacio Sniechowski, MBA
Prosavic SRL

Tel: (011) 4542-6714

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 3:56 PM, Werner Kassens <[hidden email]> wrote:
but numericalmethods and scismalltalk are not usable together they overwrite each other and that produces nonsense
werner

On 01/26/2015 07:50 PM, Werner Kassens wrote:
in scismalltalk a fork of numericalmethods is used.
DhbNormalDistribution in scismalltalk should be exactly the same as in
numericalmethods and should be usable without code change.
werner

Nacho Smalltalker apprentice. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Re: NumericalMethods and SciSmalltalk

hernanmd

That was my question. If in Pharo 4 the NumericalMethods package will be deprecated and instead SciSmalltalk will be de defacto package for stats.

NumericalMethods should be kept separated from SciSmalltalk so we are free to use NumericalMethods without requiring to load the whole SciSmalltalk.

Cheers,

Hernán

Re: NumericalMethods and SciSmalltalk

wernerk
let me rephrase it <g> just that there are no misunderstandings,
NumericalMethods is independent of SciSmalltalk and does work in Pharo4
werner

On 01/26/2015 10:22 PM, Ignacio Sniechowski wrote:
> That was my question. If in Pharo 4 the NumericalMethods package will be
> deprecated and instead SciSmalltalk will be de defacto package for stats.

Re: NumericalMethods and SciSmalltalk

stepharo

Le 27/1/15 00:29, Werner Kassens a écrit :
> let me rephrase it <g> just that there are no misunderstandings,
> NumericalMethods is independent of SciSmalltalk and does work in Pharo4

By SciTalk will include its own copy of NumericalMethods.

Stef

On 01/31/2015 06:48 PM, stepharo wrote:
> By SciTalk will include its own copy of NumericalMethods.

ah ok, i see.
werner

Re: NumericalMethods and SciSmalltalk

nacho
Given that I proposed the name, I couldn't resist to propose the logo :p
what do you think?
I've checked and the image has a free license.
best
Nacho

SciTalkLogo.JPG (49K) Download Attachment