OCompletion for Squeak 4.2

Levente Uzonyi-2
Hi,

if you update your Trunk image to 10622, then OCompletion will work
without the compatibility package. Evaluate the following script to
install it:

Installer squeaksource
  project: 'RoelTyper';
  install: 'RoelTyper';
  project: 'OCompletion';
  install: 'Ocompletion-ul.74'.
Smalltalk at: #ECToolSet ifPresent: [ :ecToolSet |
  ecToolSet register.
  ToolSet default: ecToolSet ].

Cmd+j support is a bit better, but still not perfect.

Cheers,
Levente

Re: OCompletion for Squeak 4.2

Tim Felgentreff
I have updated the Metacello configuration for OCompletion with this version.

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010, Tim Felgentreff wrote:

> I have updated the Metacello configuration for OCompletion with this version.

Thanks, that's great. The tests for the Ocompletion-ul.74 are in
OcompletionTests-ul.5. These packages should work for both Squeak 4.2,
Pharo 1.1 and 1.2.
If it's possible with Metacello, then it would be good to support Squeak
4.1 by using Ocompletion-ul.73, OcompletionSqueakCompatibility-ul.1 and
OcompletionTests-ul.5.

Levente

> On Oct 28, 2010, at 2:23 AM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> if you update your Trunk image to 10622, then OCompletion will work without the compatibility package. Evaluate the following script to install it:
>>
>> Installer squeaksource
>> project: 'RoelTyper';
>> install: 'RoelTyper';
>> project: 'OCompletion';
>> install: 'Ocompletion-ul.74'.
>> Smalltalk at: #ECToolSet ifPresent: [ :ecToolSet |
>> ecToolSet register.
>> ToolSet default: ecToolSet ].
>>
>> Cmd+j support is a bit better, but still not perfect.
>>

>> Cheers,
>> Levente

Re: OCompletion for Squeak 4.2

Tim Felgentreff
Hi

I am not too familiar with Metacello, I just make configs up as I go along. So far I haven't seen any more fine grained distinctions than #pharo <-> #squeak, so I don't know if it is possible to support Squeak 4.1. I think the way to do this would be to add an intermediate version and tell people using Squeak 4.1 not to upgrade beyond that.

-Tim

On Oct 28, 2010, at 7:33 PM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Oct 2010, Tim Felgentreff wrote:
>
>> I have updated the Metacello configuration for OCompletion with this version.
>
> Thanks, that's great. The tests for the Ocompletion-ul.74 are in
> OcompletionTests-ul.5. These packages should work for both Squeak 4.2,
> Pharo 1.1 and 1.2.
> If it's possible with Metacello, then it would be good to support Squeak 4.1 by using Ocompletion-ul.73, OcompletionSqueakCompatibility-ul.1 and OcompletionTests-ul.5.
>

> Levente
>

>> On Oct 28, 2010, at 2:23 AM, Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> if you update your Trunk image to 10622, then OCompletion will work without the compatibility package. Evaluate the following script to install it:
>>>
>>> Installer squeaksource
>>> project: 'RoelTyper';
>>> install: 'RoelTyper';
>>> project: 'OCompletion';
>>> install: 'Ocompletion-ul.74'.
>>> Smalltalk at: #ECToolSet ifPresent: [ :ecToolSet |
>>> ecToolSet register.
>>> ToolSet default: ecToolSet ].
>>>
>>> Cmd+j support is a bit better, but still not perfect.
>>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Levente

Re: OCompletion for Squeak 4.2

Tobias Pape
Am 2010-10-28 um 20:02 schrieb Tim Felgentreff:
> Hi
>
> I am not too familiar with Metacello, I just make configs up as I go along. So far I haven't seen any more fine grained distinctions than #pharo <-> #squeak, so I don't know if it is possible to support Squeak 4.1. I think the way to do this would be to add an intermediate version and tell people using Squeak 4.1 not to upgrade beyond that.

Shoud be.
Dale showed me that he can distinguish gemstone from gemstone3x…

Probably he can help.

So Long,
        -Tobias

Re: OCompletion for Squeak 4.2

Hannes Hirzel
On 10/28/10, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> if you update your Trunk image to 10622, then OCompletion will work
> without the compatibility package. Evaluate the following script to
> install it:
>
> Installer squeaksource
>   project: 'RoelTyper';
>   install: 'RoelTyper';
>   project: 'OCompletion';
>   install: 'Ocompletion-ul.74'.
> Smalltalk at: #ECToolSet ifPresent: [ :ecToolSet |
>   ecToolSet register.
>   ToolSet default: ecToolSet ].
>
> Cmd+j support is a bit better, but still not perfect.
>

> Cheers,
> Levente

It loads fine into version 4.2alphba #10628.

Thank you for your work to make this possible.

--Hannes