[OSProcess] An image developing on windows and procucting on linux

[OSProcess] An image developing on windows and procucting on linux

Sebastian Sastre-2
Hi there,

    I'm using a windows system to develop and then passing the saved image to a linux server.

    When this "windows developed" image is run in linux some OSProcess trouble happens because ThisOSProcess remains "thinking" that it should still be a Windows one.

    I've unelegantly hacked ThisOSProcess>>startUp: to prevent that error from the actual code to:

startUp: resuming
 "Initialize my singleton instance, and the singleton instance of my
 OSProcessAccessor. On Unix, set the signal handler in my process
 accessor to respond to externally generated sigchld signals. This
 must be done after each image restart in order to call a primitive
 which informs the VM of the identity of the semaphore to signal.
 When not running on a Unix system, the primitive fails and the
 method has no effect. Notify dependents of the singleton instance
 if the image has restarted in a different OS process (this is not the
 case when #startUp is called after a simple image save). The
 notification is done in the initialization of my OSProcessAccessor."

 self initializeThisOSProcess.
 OSProcessAccessor startUp: resuming.
 AioEventHandler startUp: resuming.
 self thisOSProcess initialize

    regards,

Sebastian Sastre

Re: [OSProcess] An image developing on windows and procucting on linux

David T. Lewis
Sebastian,

Thank you for the fix. I thought that this used to work, but maybe I
broke it in a recent OSProcess release, or maybe my memory is just bad ;)

Thanks a lot,

Dave