OSProcess reported crashing Mac VM (was: [squeak-dev] Squeak All-in-One)

OSProcess reported crashing Mac VM (was: [squeak-dev] Squeak All-in-One)

David T. Lewis

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 11:12:26PM +0900, NISHIHARA Satoshi wrote:

> Hello
>
> muO-All-in-Onev2.zip, can't boot on my Mac.
> Please change "SqueakImageName" key of app/Contents/Info.plist, to
> correct image fine name: "Squeak3.8.2-6779+muO235.image" (not include path).
>
> it can't to run all tests, because of vm crash.
> 2 testcases
> UnixProcessFileLockingTestCase
> UnixProcessTestCase
> cause a VM crashing.

Thank you very much for reporting the VM crash.

I do not have a Mac to test this, but if anyone has further
information on which primitive is crashing, I'd appreciate hearing
further. Obviously save your image first ;-)

Dave

Re: OSProcess reported crashing Mac VM (was: [squeak-dev] Squeak All-in-One)

David T. Lewis

Thanks, this is very helpful. These tests are all using #primForkSqueak
to run a headless background Squeak process. I think that this used
to work on OS X, although I am not certain.

As a workaround until this can be fixed, you can prevent the VM crash
like this:

UnixOSProcessAccessor>>primForkSqueak
        self primitiveFailed "broken on OS X"

Dave