OSProcessPlugin: VMConstruction-Plugins-OSProcessPlugin-dtl.25.mcz

OSProcessPlugin: VMConstruction-Plugins-OSProcessPlugin-dtl.25.mcz

squeak-dev-noreply

Dave Lewis uploaded a new version of VMConstruction-Plugins-OSProcessPlugin to project OSProcessPlugin:
http://www.squeaksource.com/OSProcessPlugin/VMConstruction-Plugins-OSProcessPlugin-dtl.25.mcz

Name: VMConstruction-Plugins-OSProcessPlugin-dtl.25
Author: dtl
Time: 31 December 2010, 10:10:07 am
UUID: 6ef147f9-8fdc-48b9-af28-4482b4e2a6de
Ancestors: VMConstruction-Plugins-OSProcessPlugin-dtl.24

OSProcessPlugin 4.4.1
Fix #primitiveTestEndOfFileFlag to use interpreterProxy primitiveFail. This bug caused linking problems (symbol visibility) on Mac.

Re: OSProcessPlugin: VMConstruction-Plugins-OSProcessPlugin-dtl.25.mcz

Igor Stasenko

Here is another one, dave :)
after that there will be only argc/argv & printStack will be left to be fixed.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

UnixOSProcessPlugin-primitiveReapChildProcess.st (1K) Download Attachment

Re: OSProcessPlugin: VMConstruction-Plugins-OSProcessPlugin-dtl.25.mcz

David T. Lewis

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 04:25:49PM +0100, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> Here is another one, dave :)

Thanks Igor!

Your fix is in VMConstruction-Plugins-OSProcessPlugin-dtl.26 at SqueakSource/OSProcessPlugin.

> after that there will be only argc/argv & printStack will be left to be fixed.

I'm not sure how to handle those. I'm sure John had this working for
external OSPP on some of the OS X VMs. Linking may work differently
on Mac, but for the unix VM it was just a matter of declaring the
variables in main():

    int main(int argc, char **argv, char **envp)
    {
      /* Make parameters global for access from plugins */
      argCnt= argc;
      argVec= argv;
      envVec= envp;
    }

Dave

On 3 January 2011 05:01, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 04:25:49PM +0100, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>> Here is another one, dave :)
>
> Thanks Igor!
>
> Your fix is in VMConstruction-Plugins-OSProcessPlugin-dtl.26 at SqueakSource/OSProcessPlugin.
>

>> after that there will be only argc/argv & printStack will be left to be fixed.
>>

> I'm not sure how to handle those. I'm sure John had this working for
> external OSPP on some of the OS X VMs. Linking may work differently
> on Mac, but for the unix VM it was just a matter of declaring the
> variables in main():
>
>    int main(int argc, char **argv, char **envp)
>    {
>      /* Make parameters global for access from plugins */
>      argCnt= argc;
>      argVec= argv;
>      envVec= envp;
>    }

see how stWindow for win32 is used.
I think these variables should be exported similarily via
interpreterProxy->ioLoadFunctionFrom().

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: OSProcessPlugin: VMConstruction-Plugins-OSProcessPlugin-dtl.25.mcz

johnmci

On 2011-01-02, at 10:51 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 3 January 2011 05:01, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 04:25:49PM +0100, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>>> Here is another one, dave :)
>>
>> Thanks Igor!
>>
>> Your fix is in VMConstruction-Plugins-OSProcessPlugin-dtl.26 at SqueakSource/OSProcessPlugin.
>>

>>> after that there will be only argc/argv & printStack will be left to be fixed.
>>>

>> I'm not sure how to handle those. I'm sure John had this working for
>> external OSPP on some of the OS X VMs. Linking may work differently
>> on Mac, but for the unix VM it was just a matter of declaring the
>> variables in main():
>>
>>    int main(int argc, char **argv, char **envp)
>>    {
>>      /* Make parameters global for access from plugins */
>>      argCnt= argc;
>>      argVec= argv;
>>      envVec= envp;
>>    }

os-x is unix, so it's exactly the same, the main() routine created is made by xcode to contain the cocoa plumbing, I never
added the magic lines above

John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882

On Mon, Jan 03, 2011 at 10:34:55AM -0800, John M McIntosh wrote:

> On 2011-01-02, at 10:51 PM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> >> I'm not sure how to handle those. I'm sure John had this working for
> >> external OSPP on some of the OS X VMs. Linking may work differently
> >> on Mac, but for the unix VM it was just a matter of declaring the
> >> variables in main():
> >>
> >>    int main(int argc, char **argv, char **envp)
> >>    {
> >>      /* Make parameters global for access from plugins */
> >>      argCnt= argc;
> >>      argVec= argv;
> >>      envVec= envp;
> >>    }
> >>

> os-x is unix, so it's exactly the same, the main() routine created is made by xcode to contain the cocoa plumbing, I never
> added the magic lines above

Thanks John, I was hoping that might be the case :)

Dave