[OT] Giant Monkey Avatar

David Faught
Here is a rendered model and some notes about the modeling process for
an avatar I made.  Way OT!

http://home.wi.rr.com/thefaughts/monkeypuppet/MonkeyPuppetWiki.htm

Re: [OT] Giant Monkey Avatar

Howard Stearns
I love it. Seems right on topic to me!

I also really like your Web technology: Instead of going to a page,
they come to you. Much more rooted. Looks cool, too. [OT: what
framework did you use? Your own? Built on what? There's an obvious
Morphic-halo influence...]

On Jan 26, 2007, at 10:57 PM, David Faught wrote:

> Here is a rendered model and some notes about the modeling process for
> an avatar I made.  Way OT!
>
> http://home.wi.rr.com/thefaughts/monkeypuppet/MonkeyPuppetWiki.htm

Re: [OT] Giant Monkey Avatar

David Faught
Building the puppet was lots of work and fun for the whole family.
Not quite what I had planned, but it turned out okay.

The Web framework is TiddlyWiki ( http://www.tiddlywiki.com/ ) with a
couple of plugins.  It's quite cool and I've been using it for my
personal journal for about a year now.  This site is an extract from
my journal.

I had nothing to do with building the TiddlyWiki framework, just the
content.  The framework is all Javascript, and you actually load the
entire wiki contents, except for the images, when you first visit the
page.