[OT] If programming languages were religions...

[OT] If programming languages were religions...

Klaus D. Witzel
[... then]
"Smalltalk is the ancient Egyptian religion. The Initiated know it already
had all the important concepts working long ago and most popular modern
languages are incomplete subsets of it that obsess over artificial
restrictions of their own creation while entirely missing the reason their
code exists in the first place.

And the heart of your code will be judged against the Feather of Truth
before it can join the message passing afterlife."

-----------

This was slashdotted, originated here

-
http://www.aegisub.net/2008/12/if-programming-languages-were-religions.html

Could nor resist mentioning for the squeak-list records ;)

/Klaus

--
"If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it".
Albert Einstein

Re: [OT] If programming languages were religions...

Edgar J. De Cleene

On 17/12/2008, at 15:17, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:

> [... then]
> "Smalltalk is the ancient Egyptian religion. The Initiated know it
> already had all the important concepts working long ago and most
> popular modern languages are incomplete subsets of it that obsess
> over artificial restrictions of their own creation while entirely
> missing the reason their code exists in the first place.
>
> And the heart of your code will be judged against the Feather of
> Truth before it can join the message passing afterlife."
>
> -----------
>
> This was slashdotted, originated here
>
> - http://www.aegisub.net/2008/12/if-programming-languages-were-
> religions.html
>
> Could nor resist mentioning for the squeak-list records ;)
>
> /Klaus
>
> --
> "If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for
> it". Albert Einstein

Very good , read this old

http://www.scribd.com/doc/320372/How-to-kill-a-Dragon-with-Programming

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 20:50:09 +0100, Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> On 17/12/2008, at 15:17, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>
>> [... then]
>> "Smalltalk is the ancient Egyptian religion. The Initiated know it
>> already had all the important concepts working long ago and most
>> popular modern languages are incomplete subsets of it that obsess over
>> artificial restrictions of their own creation while entirely missing
>> the reason their code exists in the first place.
>>
>> And the heart of your code will be judged against the Feather of Truth
>> before it can join the message passing afterlife."
>>
>> -----------
>>
>> This was slashdotted, originated here
>>
>> - http://www.aegisub.net/2008/12/if-programming-languages-were-
>> religions.html
>>
>> Could nor resist mentioning for the squeak-list records ;)
>>
>> /Klaus
> Very good , read this old
>
> http://www.scribd.com/doc/320372/How-to-kill-a-Dragon-with-Programming

I tried the link, the page says "iPaper loading, please wait" but nothing
else happens (except perhaps a virus infection is attempted?)

So what's this about?

--
"If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it".
Albert Einstein

Re: Re: [OT] If programming languages were religions...

Edgar J. De Cleene

On 17/12/2008, at 16:14, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:

I tried the link, the page says "iPaper loading, please wait" but nothing else happens (except perhaps a virus infection is attempted?)

So what's this about?

Take a seconds, for me and say humoristic how to kill a Dragon in many languages.

For Smalltalk programmer:

Arrives , analyzes the dragon and the princess, turn around and leaves, they are way too inferior

Edgar