[OT] RTalk

kilon

I found this http://www.jarober.com/blog/blogView?showComments=true&printTitle=IM_98:_Rtalk&entry=3527672794 ,about RTalk , that is not only smalltalk run on top of JVM but almost the entire environment.

The problem is that I cant seem to be able to find via google any site that contains the source code or something I could use ? Does anyone know if there is any official website for RTalk ?

It looks quite promising and I would like to give it a try.

Re: [OT] RTalk

Chris Cunnington
On 2012-10-30 7:25 AM, dimitris chloupis wrote:

I found this http://www.jarober.com/blog/blogView?showComments=true&printTitle=IM_98:_Rtalk&entry=3527672794 ,about RTalk , that is not only smalltalk run on top of JVM but almost the entire environment.

The problem is that I cant seem to be able to find via google any site that contains the source code or something I could use ? Does anyone know if there is any official website for RTalk ?

It looks quite promising and I would like to give it a try.

http://nicolaspetton.github.com/jtalk/

Chris

Re: [OT] RTalk

Franz Josef Konrad-2
At 20'30'' of the podcast Mark Roos says, that the Java code is
available but the whole stuff not. But he will make it public in the
next few months.

The first page of
<http://wiki.jvmlangsummit.com/images/e/e1/Roos-RtalkWks12.pdf> shows
"code link on JVM Summit wiki" but I also didn't found it there.

I've put Mark in CC, perhaps he can clarify.

Am 30.10.2012 12:25, schrieb dimitris chloupis:

> I found this
> http://www.jarober.com/blog/blogView?showComments=true&printTitle=IM_98:_Rtalk&entry=3527672794
> ,about RTalk , that is not only smalltalk run on top of JVM but almost
> the entire environment.
>
> The problem is that I cant seem to be able to find via google any site
> that contains the source code or something I could use ? Does anyone
> know if there is any official website for RTalk ?
>
> It looks quite promising and I would like to give it a try.

Re: [OT] RTalk

Chris Cunnington

Re: [OT] RTalk

kilon
hey there, thanks for the reply. I am aware of jtalk I am using its modern incarnation "amber".

But this targets javascript and not java. So it cannot be compared with Rtalk. But yes I find amber very interesting and useful and certainly consider using it.

Re: [OT] RTalk

kilon

thank you very much for your effort. I did not want to bother the original author of RTalk because I feared I missed something obvious. But if I dont get answer in mailing list I will contact him for further clarification.