[OT] Squeak-powered app on CBBC Newsround

[OT] Squeak-powered app on CBBC Newsround

Chris Muller-4
The mission-control app I've been working on this year appeared in a
special episode of CBBC Newsround yesterday!

   http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/36247103

The segment about Reserve Protection Agency with several screenshots
of the app begins at time index 9:40 and runs until 12:25.  I
recommend watching the entire episode though, its a worthwhile
message.

No one will know it its powered by Squeak but that's okay, the
important message is the one about the danger faced by rhinos as a
species.

Re: [OT] Squeak-powered app on CBBC Newsround

Hannes Hirzel
Thank you for the link. What did you use for the user interface?

Maui ?
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3836

On 5/12/16, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The mission-control app I've been working on this year appeared in a
> special episode of CBBC Newsround yesterday!
>
>    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/36247103
>
> The segment about Reserve Protection Agency with several screenshots
> of the app begins at time index 9:40 and runs until 12:25.  I
> recommend watching the entire episode though, its a worthwhile
> message.
>
> No one will know it its powered by Squeak but that's okay, the
> important message is the one about the danger faced by rhinos as a
> species.

Re: [OT] Squeak-powered app on CBBC Newsround

Chris Muller-3
Yes, Maui.

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 4:34 PM, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you for the link. What did you use for the user interface?
>
> Maui ?
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/3836
>

> On 5/12/16, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> The mission-control app I've been working on this year appeared in a
>> special episode of CBBC Newsround yesterday!
>>
>>    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/36247103
>>
>> The segment about Reserve Protection Agency with several screenshots
>> of the app begins at time index 9:40 and runs until 12:25.  I
>> recommend watching the entire episode though, its a worthwhile
>> message.
>>
>> No one will know it its powered by Squeak but that's okay, the
>> important message is the one about the danger faced by rhinos as a
>> species.

Re: [OT] Squeak-powered app on CBBC Newsround

David T. Lewis
On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 03:43:16PM -0500, Chris Muller wrote:

> The mission-control app I've been working on this year appeared in a
> special episode of CBBC Newsround yesterday!
>
>    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/36247103
>
> The segment about Reserve Protection Agency with several screenshots
> of the app begins at time index 9:40 and runs until 12:25.  I
> recommend watching the entire episode though, its a worthwhile
> message.
>
> No one will know it its powered by Squeak but that's okay, the
> important message is the one about the danger faced by rhinos as a
> species.

That's wonderful! Thanks for sharing this Chris.

Dave

Re: [OT] Squeak-powered app on CBBC Newsround

Tobias Pape

On 12.05.2016, at 22:43, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The mission-control app I've been working on this year appeared in a
> special episode of CBBC Newsround yesterday!
>
>   http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/36247103
>
> The segment about Reserve Protection Agency with several screenshots
> of the app begins at time index 9:40 and runs until 12:25.  I
> recommend watching the entire episode though, its a worthwhile
> message.

I think this is really awesome and on-topic as it gets.
Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Best regards
        -Tobias

> No one will know it its powered by Squeak but that's okay, the
> important message is the one about the danger faced by rhinos as a
> species.

Re: [OT] Squeak-powered app on CBBC Newsround

marcel.taeumel
Hey Chris,

this is great! :-)

Best,
Marcel

Re: [OT] Squeak-powered app on CBBC Newsround

Stephan Eggermont-3
On 13-05-16 08:43, Tobias Pape wrote:

> On 12.05.2016, at 22:43, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The mission-control app I've been working on this year appeared in a
>> special episode of CBBC Newsround yesterday!
>>
>>    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/36247103
>>
>> The segment about Reserve Protection Agency with several screenshots
>> of the app begins at time index 9:40 and runs until 12:25.  I
>> recommend watching the entire episode though, its a worthwhile
>> message.
>>
> I think this is really awesome and on-topic as it gets.
> Congrats and thanks for sharing!
+1 We want more success stories

Stephan