[OT] second life concerts Re: who eyes blue can turn to ;-)

[OT] second life concerts Re: who eyes blue can turn to ;-)

dcorking
On 5/31/07, PSHELDON wrote:
> If you could get midi in from instruments, you could have a jam session
> around the world ...

You might be interested in these 2 links, related to Second Life
(which I have never played.)  Not midi but digital audio.

http://slmusic.org/musicians/astrin_moe/index.html
"Astrin sent a guitar and vocal stream to Moe, who added sax and
relayed the resultant mix out to the listeners in the Clyde sim."

"BBC Radio 1 ... the first ever festival with a professional line-up
to take place in a virtual universe."

--
David
http://www.furl.net/members/dcorking/squeak
http://www.furl.net/members/dcorking/Virtual%20worlds

Re: [OT] second life concerts Re: who eyes blue can turn to ;-)

Paul Sheldon-2
Thanks, David Corking,  I'll definitely look into this.
Last week I played with Basia to folks
who worry that all music is is to make a picture frame for people competing
to be a solo vocalist taking turns.

I desensitized them, somewhat, with a farse.

My LaLuna was too much "at the same time",
slowing down time to be able to do this in an aif audio file of Basia
as the master track.

I wrote copy or your e mail to Craig at netjam.

http://netjam.org/

Oh, in an old "myplan", he's into non-disclosure Smalltalk development
with an undisclosed company,
but his current projects don't seem so secret anymore.
Berkeley is near Cupertino.

Even then I knew enough to be interested in him :

"Smallmusic
 A music description and implementation written in
you-know-what..."

"The Smallmusic Object Kernel (or SmOKe as we say here in the
AB [Acronyms Business]) will be used for "structured composition,
real-time performance processing of performance data, and analysis" of
music. Let's just say it Does Music."

Then, was then, now is something else!

Now to your links.