ObjectExplorer broken (was: Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tools-cmm.570.mcz)

ObjectExplorer broken (was: Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tools-cmm.570.mcz)

Levente Uzonyi-2
ObjectExplorer>>buildWith: sends #filteredItems, but there are no
implementors in my Trunk image. It breaks ObjectExplorer. To reproduce
it evaluate [1 explore].

Levente

On Wed, 1 Apr 2015, [hidden email] wrote:

> Chris Muller uploaded a new version of Tools to project The Trunk:
> http://source.squeak.org/trunk/Tools-cmm.570.mcz

> Name: Tools-cmm.570
> Author: cmm
> Time: 1 April 2015, 11:09:22.929 am
> UUID: 7827a351-1a4d-4e83-bbef-7e900993ee62
> Ancestors: Tools-mt.569
>
> - SimpleHierarchicalListMorph's now honor preferences:
> mouseOverForKeyboardFocus
> Vertical Smart Splitters
> Filterable Lists Clear Automatically
> - After filtering Tree, refit the column-widths to the filtered results.
>
> =============== Diff against Tools-mt.569 ===============
>
> Item was changed:
>  ----- Method: ObjectExplorer>>buildWith: (in category 'toolbuilder') -----
>  buildWith: builder
>
>   | windowSpec treeSpec textSpec |
>   windowSpec := builder pluggableWindowSpec new.
>   windowSpec
>   model: self;
>   children: OrderedCollection new;
>   label: #label.
>
>   treeSpec := builder pluggableTreeSpec new.
>   treeSpec
>   model: self;
>   nodeClass: self class nodeClass;
>   roots: #getList;
>   keyPress: #explorerKey:from:event:;
>   getSelected: #currentSelection;
>   setSelected: #currentSelection:;
>   setSelectedParent: #currentParent:;
>   menu: #genericMenu:;
>   autoDeselect: false;
>   columns: (ObjectExplorerWrapper showContentsInColumns
>   ifTrue: [{
> + [:listMorph | (listMorph filteredItems collect: [:item |
> - [:listMorph | (listMorph scroller submorphs collect: [:item |
>   item preferredWidthOfColumn: 1]) max].
> + nil "take all the space"}]);
> - nil "take all the space"}]
> - ifFalse: []);
>   frame: (0@0 corner: 1@0.85).
>   windowSpec children add: treeSpec.
>
>   textSpec := builder pluggableTextSpec new.
>   textSpec
>   model: self;
>   menu: #codePaneMenu:shifted:;
>   help: 'Evaluate expressions for the current tree selection...' translated;
>   frame: (0@0.85 corner: 1@1).
>   windowSpec children add: textSpec.
>
>   ^ builder build: windowSpec!

Re: ObjectExplorer broken (was: Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tools-cmm.570.mcz)

marcel.taeumel (old)
SimpleHierarchicalListMorph-filteredItems.st

Try this until Chris commits a fix. I assume he just forgot but I don't want to create a conflict in case he commits it any second. :) If nothing happens, I will commit that later.

Best,
Marcel

Re: ObjectExplorer broken (was: Re: [squeak-dev] The Trunk: Tools-cmm.570.mcz)

Levente Uzonyi-2
It's broken, because the update mechanism is not prepared for decreasing
version numbers. Manual loading of the latest packages fixes the problem.

Levente