Offer emphasis change in FontChooserTool from yellowButtonMenu?

Offer emphasis change in FontChooserTool from yellowButtonMenu?

Karl Ramberg
Hi,
Why can we not offer emphasis in the FontChooserTool that opens from the yellowButtonMenu in TextEditors ?

I have not found any text that breaks changing the emphasis, by changing code below to true.

In TextEditor>>changeTextFont
    "Do not allow changing the emphasis; we don't know how to deal with a 'pre-emphasized' font here, so bail."
offerStyleList: false;

Karl

Re: Offer emphasis change in FontChooserTool from yellowButtonMenu?

Tobias Pape

On 27.04.2015, at 12:04, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Why can we not offer emphasis in the FontChooserTool that opens from the yellowButtonMenu in TextEditors ?
>
> I have not found any text that breaks changing the emphasis, by changing code below to true.
>
> In TextEditor>>changeTextFont
>     "Do not allow changing the emphasis; we don't know how to deal with a 'pre-emphasized' font here, so bail."
> offerStyleList: false;
>
> Karl

The font chooser tool btw already has a pane for style, but it
is disabled by default…

Best regards
        -Tobias

Re: Offer emphasis change in FontChooserTool from yellowButtonMenu?

Karl Ramberg
I think I found the reason emphasis is not offered in the tool.
FontChooserTool can't pick up emphasis from the text it's about to change.

The code for font changes is really confusing...

Karl

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 27.04.2015, at 12:04, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Why can we not offer emphasis in the FontChooserTool that opens from the yellowButtonMenu in TextEditors ?
>
> I have not found any text that breaks changing the emphasis, by changing code below to true.
>
> In TextEditor>>changeTextFont
>     "Do not allow changing the emphasis; we don't know how to deal with a 'pre-emphasized' font here, so bail."
>                                       offerStyleList: false;
>
> Karl

The font chooser tool btw already has a pane for style, but it
is disabled by default…

Best regards
        -Tobias

Re: Offer emphasis change in FontChooserTool from yellowButtonMenu?

Karl Ramberg
It seems that in TextEditor>>changeTextFont we should pass all the text attributes to the FontChooserTool, just the current font. eg: 'text attributesAt: startIndex'

Karl