Quantcast

Ok ... Ill be the one to say it !

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Ok ... Ill be the one to say it !

RichWhite
Cobalt port for the IPad? ..... Thoughts (given its hardware)? .....
for $499 I can picture a lot of kids hands on these things in schools.

(Someone had to say it eventually LOL - guess Ill be "that guy" today)

--
====================
Rich White
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Ok ... Ill be the one to say it !

Alexey Zakhlestin

On 27.01.2010, at 23:51, Rich White wrote:

> Cobalt port for the IPad? ..... Thoughts (given its hardware)? .....
> for $499 I can picture a lot of kids hands on these things in schools.
>
> (Someone had to say it eventually LOL - guess Ill be "that guy" today)

As they use iPhone OS there, I guess old rules still apply. And those are: no external runtimes allowed (which includes smalltalk runtime).
I would be glad, if someone proves me wrong :)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Ok ... Ill be the one to say it !

RichWhite
Here is Squeak on the IPhone - http://isqueak.org/HomePage




====

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Alexey Zakhlestin <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> On 27.01.2010, at 23:51, Rich White wrote:
>
>> Cobalt port for the IPad? ..... Thoughts (given its hardware)? .....
>> for $499 I can picture a lot of kids hands on these things in schools.
>>
>> (Someone had to say it eventually LOL - guess Ill be "that guy" today)
>
> As they use iPhone OS there, I guess old rules still apply. And those are: no external runtimes allowed (which includes smalltalk runtime).
> I would be glad, if someone proves me wrong :)



--
====================
Rich White
http://www.twitter.com/richwhite
http://labs.greenbush.us
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Ok ... Ill be the one to say it !

RichWhite
I would settle for that LOL


====

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Alexey Zakhlestin <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> On 28.01.2010, at 0:05, Rich White wrote:
>
>> Here is Squeak on the IPhone - http://isqueak.org/HomePage
>
> Well, it's a "hacker edition".
> Apple wouldn't let it in appstore
>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ====
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Alexey Zakhlestin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> On 27.01.2010, at 23:51, Rich White wrote:
>>>
>>>> Cobalt port for the IPad? ..... Thoughts (given its hardware)? .....
>>>> for $499 I can picture a lot of kids hands on these things in schools.
>>>>
>>>> (Someone had to say it eventually LOL - guess Ill be "that guy" today)
>>>
>>> As they use iPhone OS there, I guess old rules still apply. And those are: no external runtimes allowed (which includes smalltalk runtime).
>>> I would be glad, if someone proves me wrong :)
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> ====================
>> Rich White
>> http://www.twitter.com/richwhite
>> http://labs.greenbush.us
>
>



--
====================
Rich White
http://www.twitter.com/richwhite
http://labs.greenbush.us
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Ok ... Ill be the one to say it !

RichWhite
A bit of information getting Squeak on the IPhone/touch -
http://isqueak.org/AdHocVM




=======

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Rich White <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would settle for that LOL
>
>
> ====
>
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Alexey Zakhlestin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> On 28.01.2010, at 0:05, Rich White wrote:
>>
>>> Here is Squeak on the IPhone - http://isqueak.org/HomePage
>>
>> Well, it's a "hacker edition".
>> Apple wouldn't let it in appstore
>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ====
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Alexey Zakhlestin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>
>>>> On 27.01.2010, at 23:51, Rich White wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Cobalt port for the IPad? ..... Thoughts (given its hardware)? .....
>>>>> for $499 I can picture a lot of kids hands on these things in schools.
>>>>>
>>>>> (Someone had to say it eventually LOL - guess Ill be "that guy" today)
>>>>
>>>> As they use iPhone OS there, I guess old rules still apply. And those are: no external runtimes allowed (which includes smalltalk runtime).
>>>> I would be glad, if someone proves me wrong :)
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> ====================
>>> Rich White
>>> http://www.twitter.com/richwhite
>>> http://labs.greenbush.us
>>
>>
>
>
>
> --
> ====================
> Rich White
> http://www.twitter.com/richwhite
> http://labs.greenbush.us
>



--
====================
Rich White
http://www.twitter.com/richwhite
http://labs.greenbush.us
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Ok ... Ill be the one to say it !

Bert Freudenberg
In reply to this post by Alexey Zakhlestin
On 27.01.2010, at 13:03, Alexey Zakhlestin wrote:

>
>
> On 27.01.2010, at 23:51, Rich White wrote:
>
>> Cobalt port for the IPad? ..... Thoughts (given its hardware)? .....
>> for $499 I can picture a lot of kids hands on these things in schools.
>>
>> (Someone had to say it eventually LOL - guess Ill be "that guy" today)
>
> As they use iPhone OS there, I guess old rules still apply. And those are: no external runtimes allowed (which includes smalltalk runtime).
> I would be glad, if someone proves me wrong :)

The two Squeak apps sold in the App Store do prove you wrong.

- Bert -


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Ok ... Ill be the one to say it !

johnmci
Actually it's six apps and two expose the morphic desktop
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [croquet-user] Re: [croquet-dev] Re: Ok ... Ill be the one to say it !

LEnglish
John McIntosh wrote:
> Actually it's six apps and two expose the morphic desktop
>
>  

Does that include the ability to script buttons and the like using squeak?


Lawson
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [croquet-user] Re: [croquet-dev] Re: Ok ... Ill be the one to say it !

johnmci
You can use a objective-c bridge proxy object (ObjectiveCSqueakProxy) to trigger smalltalk code to run on UI interaction.
It's explained in a talk I gave at ESUG 09 last year.

http://vst.ensm-douai.fr/ESUG2009Media/uploads/1/esug09TalkIphoneFinal2.pdf

A more current example would be the Scratch.app, which we just provided remote sensor enabling and iPad support for.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scratch/id358266270?mt=8

In Scratch.app the presentation view controller exposes the Scratch desktop, the Scratch image updates the project text comments,
and a proxy object handles the green GO, red STOP icons to run/stop the project.However the zoomabilty, web, and keyboard icons are all under
the control of the presentation space view controller.  The login screen, and webview are separate view controllers controlled by the objective-c program.

On 2010-04-06, at 2:09 PM, Lawson English wrote:

> John McIntosh wrote:
>> Actually it's six apps and two expose the morphic desktop
>>
>>  
>
> Does that include the ability to script buttons and the like using squeak?
>
>
> Lawson

--
===========================================================================
John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882
Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd.  http://www.smalltalkconsulting.com
===========================================================================





smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment
Loading...