Only Baseline Loading

Sean DeNigris
I can't quite figure out a reproducible case, but sometimes when I do a load script like the following, only the baseline gets loaded and re-running doesn't help.

[ EpMonitor current disable.
Metacello new
baseline: 'ComputerWorld';
repository: 'github://seandenigris/Computer-World';
onConflict: [ :ex |
ex projectName = 'XMLParser'
ifTrue: [ ex useLoaded ] ];
load.
EpMonitor current enable

] fork

NB. the fork is because I'm running in GT (on top of P8) and Bloc notifications don't show otherwise.

Here's the transcript:
Fetched -> BaselineOfComputerWorld-CompatibleUserName.1605807023 --- [hidden email]:seandenigris/ComputerWorld.git[master] --- [hidden email]:seandenigris/ComputerWorld.git[master]
Loaded -> BaselineOfComputerWorld-CompatibleUserName.1605807023 --- [hidden email]:seandenigris/ComputerWorld.git[master] --- [hidden email]:seandenigris/ComputerWorld.git[master]

How do I debug this?

Re: Only Baseline Loading

Dale Henrichs-3

Sean,

Without looking closely or thinking hard .... the leading cause of a "second load failure" is when you are using a metadataless repository without having defined the "metadataless" project class MetacelloCypressBaselineProject in your baseline with the #projectClass method like the following:

projectClass
	Smalltalk at: #'MetacelloCypressBaselineProject' ifPresent: [ :cl | ^ cl ].
	^ super projectClass

For standard Monticello repositories, packages are not loaded unless the version of the package is later than the version of the currently loaded package ... when using metadataless repositories the version of the package is always 1, so the first load succeeds and subsequent loads do not succeed ...

Dale

On 11/19/20 9:44 AM, Sean DeNigris wrote:
I can't quite figure out a reproducible case, but sometimes when I do a load script like the following, only the baseline gets loaded and re-running doesn't help.

[ EpMonitor current disable.
Metacello new
baseline: 'ComputerWorld';
repository: 'github://seandenigris/Computer-World';
onConflict: [ :ex |
ex projectName = 'XMLParser'
ifTrue: [ ex useLoaded ] ];
load.
EpMonitor current enable

] fork

NB. the fork is because I'm running in GT (on top of P8) and Bloc notifications don't show otherwise.

Here's the transcript:
Fetched -> BaselineOfComputerWorld-CompatibleUserName.1605807023 --- [hidden email][master] --- [hidden email][master]
Loaded -> BaselineOfComputerWorld-CompatibleUserName.1605807023 --- [hidden email][master] --- [hidden email][master]

How do I debug this?