Onward! is more radical, more visionary, and more open than other conferences to not (yet) so well-proven but well-argued ideas. We welcome different ways of thinking about, approaching, and reporting on programming language and software engineering research.
Onward! fosters the multidisciplinarity of software development. We are interested in anything to do with programming and software. Processes, methods, languages, art, philosophy, biology, economics, communities, politics, ethics, and of course applications. Anything!
Sounds good? Do you want to report on and present your new ideas to the community and get feedback? Do you have a video to show or a story to tell, an essay perhaps? Do you want to bring reflections and new insights to the community? Or do you simply want to know more about innovations, visions, and the future of programming languages and software engineering? Then...
Join Onward!, the unique, creative, and collaborative environment to discuss and investigate challenging problems related to software, its creation, and nurturing.
* General Chair: Robert Hirschfeld, Hasso-Plattner-Institut Potsdam, Germany
* Steering Committee Chair and General Co-Chair: Richard P. Gabriel, IBM Research, USA
* Program Chair: Eelco Visser, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
* Workshops Chair: Pascal Costanza, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
* Essays Chair: David West, New Mexico Highlands University, USA
* Films Chair: Bernd Bruegge, Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Germany
* Web Chair: Tobias Pape, Hasso-Plattner-Institute Potsdam, Germany
* Design: Constanze Langer, Institute of Industrial Design, Hochschule Magdeburg-Stendal, Germany