OpenGL meshes

David Faught
baby steps, baby steps ...

In Croquet and OpenGL, is it acceptable to have vertices (and their
normals and texture coords) in a mesh that are not referenced by faces
and therefore not rendered?

Or ... is there somewhere in Croquet a nice example (that I can
reuse!) of removing a face and potentially (verifying that they are
not referenced by other faces) the associated vertices, etc. ?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Re: OpenGL meshes

Joshua Gargus-2
David Faught wrote:
> baby steps, baby steps ...
>
> In Croquet and OpenGL, is it acceptable to have vertices (and their
> normals and texture coords) in a mesh that are not referenced by faces
> and therefore not rendered?

This should not pose a problem.

Josh

> Or ... is there somewhere in Croquet a nice example (that I can
> reuse!) of removing a face and potentially (verifying that they are
> not referenced by other faces) the associated vertices, etc. ?
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.

Re: OpenGL meshes

David Faught
Thanks Josh!  What about discontiguous faces in a single mesh?  A few
faces over here and a few faces over there ...

David Faught wrote:
> Thanks Josh!  What about discontiguous faces in a single mesh?  A few
> faces over here and a few faces over there ...
That should also be fine.

Re: removing the associated vertices, I don't believe that Croquet has any
code like this.

Josh