[OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] 0364ee: CogVM source as per VMMaker.oscog-eem.2227

[OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] 0364ee: CogVM source as per VMMaker.oscog-eem.2227

Eliot Miranda-3

  Branch: refs/heads/Cog
  Home:   https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm
  Commit: 0364ee70e95e68d2acea04067147f102b1510ce0
      https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/commit/0364ee70e95e68d2acea04067147f102b1510ce0
  Author: Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]>
  Date:   2017-05-29 (Mon, 29 May 2017)

  Changed paths:
    M nsspur64src/vm/cogit.h
    M nsspur64src/vm/cogitX64SysV.c
    M nsspur64src/vm/cogitX64WIN64.c
    M nsspursrc/vm/cogit.h
    M nsspursrc/vm/cogitARMv5.c
    M nsspursrc/vm/cogitIA32.c
    M nsspursrc/vm/cogitMIPSEL.c
    M spur64src/vm/cogit.h
    M spur64src/vm/cogitX64SysV.c
    M spur64src/vm/cogitX64WIN64.c
    M spurlowcode64src/vm/cogit.h
    M spurlowcode64src/vm/cogitX64SysV.c
    M spurlowcode64src/vm/cogitX64WIN64.c
    M spurlowcodesrc/vm/cogit.h
    M spurlowcodesrc/vm/cogitARMv5.c
    M spurlowcodesrc/vm/cogitIA32.c
    M spurlowcodesrc/vm/cogitMIPSEL.c
    M spursista64src/vm/cogit.h
    M spursista64src/vm/cogitX64SysV.c
    M spursista64src/vm/cogitX64WIN64.c
    M spursistasrc/vm/cogit.h
    M spursistasrc/vm/cogitARMv5.c
    M spursistasrc/vm/cogitIA32.c
    M spursistasrc/vm/cogitMIPSEL.c
    M spursrc/vm/cogit.h
    M spursrc/vm/cogitARMv5.c
    M spursrc/vm/cogitIA32.c
    M spursrc/vm/cogitMIPSEL.c
    M src/plugins/FilePlugin/FilePlugin.c
    M src/vm/cogit.h
    M src/vm/cogitARMv5.c
    M src/vm/cogitIA32.c
    M src/vm/cogitMIPSEL.c

  Log Message:
  -----------
  CogVM source as per VMMaker.oscog-eem.2227

Cogit:
Use genMarshallNArgs:arg:arg:arg:arg: when compiling an interpreter primitive
call to allow adding the shadow parameter space on Win64.

Remove a couple of unused and dubious methods in the CogAbstractInstruction
hierarchy.  Inline arg removal to match inlining of arg marshalling, since
removal is either no or one instruction.

Fix generation of JumpR on x64.  I forgot a rex byte.  This doesn't affect SysV
because we only ever jump through ClassReg (in an open PIC dispatch) which is
RCX (1) on SysV but R8 (8) on Win64.
With the fix to JumpR a Win64 image simulates correctly (with smashing of the
shadow parameter space).

FilePlugin:
Incorporate Monty's file plugin changes: add a new primitiveFileOpenNew to open an unexisting file atomically without race condition.

Re: [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] 0364ee: CogVM source as per VMMaker.oscog-eem.2227

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi Nicolas, Hi All,

   this fixes start up of the Cogit on Win64.  We should add Win64 Cog to the build matrix.  Full testing still required, but at least the system starts up and can be interacted with.

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 11:01 AM, Eliot Miranda <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Nicolas, Hi All,

   this fixes start up of the Cogit on Win64.  We should add Win64 Cog to the build matrix.  Full testing still required, but at least the system starts up and can be interacted with.

The two issues running the tests highlight are

a) all the SqueakSSLTests fail (primitiveSSLCreate fails)
b) testWinVM3ButtonMousePreference fails (but I think this is a trivial issue to do with building an ini file; I ran the SqueakConsole.exe VM).

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 10:44 AM, GitHub <[hidden email]> wrote:

  Branch: refs/heads/Cog
  Home:   https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm
  Commit: 0364ee70e95e68d2acea04067147f102b1510ce0
      https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/commit/0364ee70e95e68d2acea04067147f102b1510ce0

best, Eliot

Re: [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] 0364ee: CogVM source as per VMMaker.oscog-eem.2227

Clément Béra

Wow.

Congratulations.

Though I don't use Windows personally :-)