[OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] 180e1b: Add sndio sound support for OpenBSD

[OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] 180e1b: Add sndio sound support for OpenBSD

Eliot Miranda-3

  Branch: refs/heads/Cog
  Home:   https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm
  Commit: 180e1b8f9fb90ac428e365236961cf18cbd6aaca
      https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/commit/180e1b8f9fb90ac428e365236961cf18cbd6aaca
  Author: Christian Kellermann <[hidden email]>
  Date:   2019-12-11 (Wed, 11 Dec 2019)

  Changed paths:
    A platforms/unix/vm-sound-sndio/Makefile.inc
    A platforms/unix/vm-sound-sndio/acinclude.m4
    A platforms/unix/vm-sound-sndio/sqUnixSndioSound.c
    M platforms/unix/vm/sqUnixMain.c

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Add sndio sound support for OpenBSD

This commit introduces a new plugin "vm-sound-sndio" which uses the
native OpenBSD sound system as backend.

This commit is meant as an initial introduction of the plugin, as
sound output currently blocks the whole VM.

The plugin is not loaded by default and should only get built when
running on OpenBSD.

  Commit: d58235ca011b9a8f8344814b66d9f9d6428c963f
      https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/commit/d58235ca011b9a8f8344814b66d9f9d6428c963f
  Author: Tobias Pape <[hidden email]>
  Date:   2019-12-13 (Fri, 13 Dec 2019)

  Changed paths:
    A platforms/unix/vm-sound-sndio/Makefile.inc
    A platforms/unix/vm-sound-sndio/acinclude.m4
    A platforms/unix/vm-sound-sndio/sqUnixSndioSound.c
    M platforms/unix/vm/sqUnixMain.c

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #451 from ckeen/Cog

Add sndio sound support for OpenBSD

Compare: https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/compare/deaff031e515...d58235ca011b

Re: [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] 180e1b: Add sndio sound support for OpenBSD

Levente Uzonyi

On Thu, 12 Dec 2019, Tobias Pape wrote:

>  Branch: refs/heads/Cog
>  Home:   https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm
>  Commit: 180e1b8f9fb90ac428e365236961cf18cbd6aaca
>      https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/commit/180e1b8f9fb90ac428e365236961cf18cbd6aaca
>  Author: Christian Kellermann <[hidden email]>
>  Date:   2019-12-11 (Wed, 11 Dec 2019)
>
>  Changed paths:
>    A platforms/unix/vm-sound-sndio/Makefile.inc
>    A platforms/unix/vm-sound-sndio/acinclude.m4
>    A platforms/unix/vm-sound-sndio/sqUnixSndioSound.c
>    M platforms/unix/vm/sqUnixMain.c
>
>  Log Message:
>  -----------
>  Add sndio sound support for OpenBSD
>
> This commit introduces a new plugin "vm-sound-sndio" which uses the
> native OpenBSD sound system as backend.
>
> This commit is meant as an initial introduction of the plugin, as
> sound output currently blocks the whole VM.
>
> The plugin is not loaded by default and should only get built when
> running on OpenBSD.

The scripts try to build it on linux as well (don't know which part, just
had to manually patch the makefile to build a vm).

Levente

>  Commit: d58235ca011b9a8f8344814b66d9f9d6428c963f
>      https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/commit/d58235ca011b9a8f8344814b66d9f9d6428c963f
>  Author: Tobias Pape <[hidden email]>
>  Date:   2019-12-13 (Fri, 13 Dec 2019)
>
>  Changed paths:
>    A platforms/unix/vm-sound-sndio/Makefile.inc
>    A platforms/unix/vm-sound-sndio/acinclude.m4
>    A platforms/unix/vm-sound-sndio/sqUnixSndioSound.c
>    M platforms/unix/vm/sqUnixMain.c
>
>  Log Message:
>  -----------
>  Merge pull request #451 from ckeen/Cog
>
> Add sndio sound support for OpenBSD
>

> Compare: https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/compare/deaff031e515...d58235ca011b

Re: [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] 180e1b: Add sndio sound support for OpenBSD

Christian Kellermann

Hi Levente!

* Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> [191213 01:32]:

> The scripts try to build it on linux as well (don't know which part, just
> had to manually patch the makefile to build a vm).

Good catch, it seems that one needs to rebuild the configure scripts
by running 'make' in platforms/unix/config.

Can you confirm that?

I didn't catch that these are checked in. Should I provide a patch
for this or did I miss a step when building?

Thanks!

Christian

May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.

Re: [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] 180e1b: Add sndio sound support for OpenBSD

Levente Uzonyi

Hi Christian,

On Fri, 13 Dec 2019, Christian Kellermann wrote:

> Hi Levente!
>
> * Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> [191213 01:32]:
>>
>> The scripts try to build it on linux as well (don't know which part, just
>> had to manually patch the makefile to build a vm).
>
> Good catch, it seems that one needs to rebuild the configure scripts
> by running 'make' in platforms/unix/config.
>
> Can you confirm that?

That fixed it for me, though I'm not familiar with this part of the
repository, so I can't confirm this step is sufficient.

> I didn't catch that these are checked in. Should I provide a patch
> for this or did I miss a step when building?

According to the git history, you should provide a patch, but someone more
familiar with those scripts should confirm that.

Levente

> Thanks!
>
> Christian

> May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
> suffering, and may you live with ease.

Re: [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] 180e1b: Add sndio sound support for OpenBSD

Tobias Pape

> On 21.12.2019, at 00:51, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Christian,
>
> On Fri, 13 Dec 2019, Christian Kellermann wrote:
>
>> Hi Levente!
>>
>> * Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> [191213 01:32]:
>>> The scripts try to build it on linux as well (don't know which part, just
>>> had to manually patch the makefile to build a vm).
>>
>> Good catch, it seems that one needs to rebuild the configure scripts
>> by running 'make' in platforms/unix/config.
>>
>> Can you confirm that?
>
> That fixed it for me, though I'm not familiar with this part of the repository, so I can't confirm this step is sufficient.

It should.
I wandered in that land a few month ago.

Best regards
        -Tobias

>> I didn't catch that these are checked in. Should I provide a patch
>> for this or did I miss a step when building?
>
> According to the git history, you should provide a patch, but someone more familiar with those scripts should confirm that.
>
> Levente
>

>> Thanks!
>>
>> Christian
>>
>> --
>> May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
>> suffering, and may you live with ease.

Re: [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] 180e1b: Add sndio sound support for OpenBSD

Tobias Pape

> On 21.12.2019, at 15:45, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 21.12.2019, at 00:51, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Christian,
>>
>> On Fri, 13 Dec 2019, Christian Kellermann wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Levente!
>>>
>>> * Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> [191213 01:32]:
>>>
>>> Good catch, it seems that one needs to rebuild the configure scripts
>>> by running 'make' in platforms/unix/config.
>>>
>>> Can you confirm that?
>>
>> That fixed it for me, though I'm not familiar with this part of the repository, so I can't confirm this step is sufficient.
>
> It should.
> I wandered in that land a few month ago.

Fixed in 6bedd6746

Best regards
        -Tobias

Re: [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] 180e1b: Add sndio sound support for OpenBSD

Christian Kellermann

* Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> [191221 19:18]:

> > On 21.12.2019, at 15:45, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

> >> On 21.12.2019, at 00:51, Levente Uzonyi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Christian,

> >> That fixed it for me, though I'm not familiar with this part of the repository, so I can't confirm this step is sufficient.
> >
> > It should.
> > I wandered in that land a few month ago.
>
> Fixed in 6bedd6746

Thanks Tobias!