Origins [poll]

123

Re: Origins [poll]

SergeStinckwich
Serge Stinckwich|French|Xin Chào|France|Hà Nội, Việt Nam

--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Origins [poll]

Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza
Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|
Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza|Spanish|Hola|Argentina|Buenos Aires, Argentina|

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 12:45 AM, Serge Stinckwich
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Serge Stinckwich|French|Xin Chào|France|Hà Nội, Việt Nam
>

> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 7:57 AM, Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|
> > Gabriel Cotelli|Spanish|Hola|Argentina|Buenos Aires, Argentina|
> > On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Miguel Cobá <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> It is a new year and I thought that it would be good to know from which
> >> part of the world each person in this list is (or was born), so we can
> >> get a better look at the diversity of the community.
> >>
> >> I start:
> >>
> >> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from
> >>
> >> Miguel Cobá|Spanish|Hola|Mexico|Mexico City,Mexico
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> --
> >> Miguel Cobá
> >> http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz
> >> http://miguel.leugim.com.mx
> >>

> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Origins [poll]

laurent laffont
Laurent Laffont|French|Salut|France|Annecy, France|Musique, Lecture

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Serge Stinckwich|French|Xin Chào|France|Hà Nội, Việt Nam
>

> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 7:57 AM, Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|
> > Gabriel Cotelli|Spanish|Hola|Argentina|Buenos Aires, Argentina|
> > On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Miguel Cobá <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> It is a new year and I thought that it would be good to know from which
> >> part of the world each person in this list is (or was born), so we can
> >> get a better look at the diversity of the community.
> >>
> >> I start:
> >>
> >> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from
> >>
> >> Miguel Cobá|Spanish|Hola|Mexico|Mexico City,Mexico
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> --
> >> Miguel Cobá
> >> http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz
> >> http://miguel.leugim.com.mx
> >>

> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Origins [poll]

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 05 Jan 2011, at 22:38, Miguel Cobá wrote:

> Name | Native Language | Greeting in native lang | Born country | Writing from | Interests

Sven Van Caekenberghe | Dutch | Hallo | Belgium | Hasselt, Belgium | Software development using dynamic, interactive & object oriented languages, Smalltalk & Lisp for Web & Server applications

Re: Origins [poll]

cedreek

>> Name | Native Language | Greeting in native lang | Born country | Writing from | Interests

Cédrick Béler french Salut France Tarbes (south west of France near Lourdes) Information System for industry / Companies, reasoning with imperfect information, computers and high-tech, sports (volley-ball)

Re: Origins [poll]

cedreek

>> Name | Native Language | Greeting in native lang | Born country | Writing from | Interests

Cédrick Béler french Salut France Tarbes (south west of France near Lourdes) Information System for industry / Companies, reasoning with imperfect information, computers and high-tech, sports (volley-ball)

Re: Origins [poll]

Noury Bouraqadi-2
Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|
Noury Bouraqadi | Arabic | Salam | Morocco | Douai, France

On 7 janv. 2011, at 05:08, Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza wrote:

> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|
> Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza|Spanish|Hola|Argentina|Buenos Aires, Argentina|
>
> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 12:45 AM, Serge Stinckwich
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Serge Stinckwich|French|Xin Chào|France|Hà Nội, Việt Nam
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 7:57 AM, Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|
>>> Gabriel Cotelli|Spanish|Hola|Argentina|Buenos Aires, Argentina|

>> --
>> Serge Stinckwich
>> UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>> http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Origins [poll]

solar_sea
Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|

Stanislav Paskalev | Bulgarian | Zdravei | Bulgaria | Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Best to all :)

Re: Origins [poll]

Tudor Girba
Tudor Girba | Romanian | Buna ziua | Romania | Berne, Switzerland

On 7 Jan 2011, at 14:24, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:

> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|
> Noury Bouraqadi | Arabic | Salam | Morocco | Douai, France
>

> On 7 janv. 2011, at 05:08, Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza wrote:
>
>> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|
>> Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza|Spanish|Hola|Argentina|Buenos Aires, Argentina|
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 12:45 AM, Serge Stinckwich
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Serge Stinckwich|French|Xin Chào|France|Hà Nội, Việt Nam

>>> --
>>> Serge Stinckwich
>>> UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC), Hanoi, Vietnam
>>> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
>>> http://doesnotunderstand.org/

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"When people care, great things can happen."

Re: Origins [poll]

EstebanLM
> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|
Esteban Lorenzano | Spanish | Hola | Argentina | Buenos Aires, Argentina

El 07/01/2011, a las 10:48a.m., Tudor Girba escribió:

> Tudor Girba | Romanian | Buna ziua | Romania | Berne, Switzerland
>
> On 7 Jan 2011, at 14:24, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
>
>> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|
>> Noury Bouraqadi | Arabic | Salam | Morocco | Douai, France
>>

>> On 7 janv. 2011, at 05:08, Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza wrote:
>>
>>> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|
>>> Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza|Spanish|Hola|Argentina|Buenos Aires, Argentina|

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "When people care, great things can happen."

Re: Origins [poll]

Diogenes Moreira
Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|
Diogenes Moreira | Spanish | Hola | Argentina | Buenos Aires, Argentina

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|
Esteban Lorenzano | Spanish | Hola | Argentina | Buenos Aires, Argentina

El 07/01/2011, a las 10:48a.m., Tudor Girba escribió:

> Tudor Girba | Romanian | Buna ziua | Romania | Berne, Switzerland
>
> On 7 Jan 2011, at 14:24, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
>
>> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|
>> Noury Bouraqadi | Arabic | Salam | Morocco | Douai, France
>>

>> On 7 janv. 2011, at 05:08, Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza wrote:
>>
>>> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|
>>> Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza|Spanish|Hola|Argentina|Buenos Aires, Argentina|

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "When people care, great things can happen."

Re: Origins [poll]

Guillermo Polito
Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from| interests
Guille Polito | Español | Holaaaa | Argentina | Buenos Aires, Argentina | useful and nice software, playing guitar, eating, teaching

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Diogenes Moreira <[hidden email]> wrote:
Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|
Diogenes Moreira | Spanish | Hola | Argentina | Buenos Aires, Argentina

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|
Esteban Lorenzano | Spanish | Hola | Argentina | Buenos Aires, Argentina

El 07/01/2011, a las 10:48a.m., Tudor Girba escribió:

> Tudor Girba | Romanian | Buna ziua | Romania | Berne, Switzerland
>
> On 7 Jan 2011, at 14:24, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
>
>> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|
>> Noury Bouraqadi | Arabic | Salam | Morocco | Douai, France
>>

>> On 7 janv. 2011, at 05:08, Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza wrote:
>>
>>> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|
>>> Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza|Spanish|Hola|Argentina|Buenos Aires, Argentina|

> --
> www.tudorgirba.com
>
> "When people care, great things can happen."

Origins [poll] Summary

Miguel Cobá
This is the summary until now, kudos to the Argentinians as they are leading the poll

Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from|Interests

Germán Arduino|Spanish|Hola|Argentina|Sunchales, Argentina
Bernardo Contreras | Spanish | Hola | Argentina | Buenos Aires, Argentina | guitar?, smalltalk, lisp, emacs, domain driven design
Mariano Martinez Peck | Spanish | Hola | Argentina | Douai, France | fly fishing?
Gabriel Cotelli|Spanish|Hola|Argentina|Buenos Aires, Argentina|
Francisco Ortiz Peñaloza|Spanish|Hola|Argentina|Buenos Aires, Argentina|
Esteban Lorenzano | Spanish | Hola | Argentina | Buenos Aires, Argentina
Diogenes Moreira | Spanish | Hola | Argentina | Buenos Aires, Argentina
Guille Polito | Español | Holaaaa | Argentina | Buenos Aires, Argentina | useful and nice software, playing guitar, eating, teaching

Alexandre Bergel | French | Bonjour | France | Chile | software quality, code profiling, visualization, moose
Stéphane Ducasse | French | Salut | France | Lille
Alain Plantec|French|Bonjour|France|Brest, Brittany, France
Cédrick Béler|french|Salut|France|Tarbes (south west of France near Lourdes)|Information System for industry / Companies, reasoning with imperfect information, computers and high-tech, sports (volley-ball)
Laurent Laffont|French|Salut|France|Annecy, France|Musique, Lecture
Serge Stinckwich|French|Xin Chào|France|Hà Nội, Việt Nam

Tony Fleig|English (well, American English)|Yo|USA|California, USA
Jimmie Houchin | English | Hello / Howdy| Carlsbad, New Mexico, USA | North of Dallas, Texas, USA | Chile Head, Pepper Belly, writing a Financial Investment app
Sean DeNigris | English | What's up | USA | New York, New York | Hockey,surfing, reading

Miguel Cobá|Spanish|Hola|Mexico|Mexico City,Mexico

Cesar Rabak |Spanish/Portuguese/Italian|Hola/Olá/Ciao|Peru|São Paulo, SP - Brazil

Janko Mivšek | Slovenian | Zdravo | Slovenia | Ljubljana | web apps

Benoit St-Jean | French | Salut | Canada | Montréal

Sven Van Caekenberghe | Dutch | Hallo | Belgium | Hasselt, Belgium | Software development using dynamic, interactive & object oriented languages, Smalltalk & Lisp for Web & Server applications

Noury Bouraqadi | Arabic | Salam | Morocco | Douai, France

Stanislav Paskalev | Bulgarian | Zdravei | Bulgaria | Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Tudor Girba | Romanian | Buna ziua | Romania | Berne, Switzerland

Come on, keep the spice, em, info, flowing!

Cheers

--
Miguel Cobá
http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx

Re: Origins [poll]

Patrick Barroca

Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from| interests
Patrick Barroca | French | Salut | France | Annecy, France | Video games, OOP, Manga

Re: Origins [poll]

S Krish
Sudhakar Krishnamachari|Tamil|Vannakam|India|Bangalore|Smalltalk, dynamic languages, Civil Architecture, enterprise computing, financial software

Re: Origins [poll] Summary

Johan Brichau-2
Johan Brichau | Dutch | Hoi | Belgium | Brussels area, Belgium

On 08 Jan 2011, at 07:58, Miguel Cobá wrote:

> [...]
>> Miguel,
>>
>> You rather create a wiki page (or edit the one Stef intends to put our pictures in a near future ;-)
>>
>> my 0.01999...
>>
>> --
>> Cesar Rabak
>>
>> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from
>> Cesar Rabak |Spanish/Portuguese/Italian|Hola/Olá/Ciao|Peru|São Paulo, SP - Brazil
>>

>> Em 05/01/2011 19:38, Miguel Cobá < [hidden email] > escreveu:
>> It is a new year and I thought that it would be good to know from which
>> part of the world each person in this list is (or was born), so we can
>> get a better look at the diversity of the community.
>>
>> I start:
>>
>> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from
>>
>> Miguel Cobá|Spanish|Hola|Mexico|Mexico City,Mexico

Re: Origins [poll] Summary

Luc Fabresse
Luc Fabresse | French | Salut | France | Douai (near Lille)

#Luc

2011/1/10 Johan Brichau <[hidden email]>
> [...]

>> Miguel,
>>
>> You rather create a wiki page (or edit the one Stef intends to put our pictures in a near future ;-)
>>
>> my 0.01999...
>>
>> --
>> Cesar Rabak
>>
>> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from
>> Cesar Rabak |Spanish/Portuguese/Italian|Hola/Olá/Ciao|Peru|São Paulo, SP - Brazil
>>

>> Em 05/01/2011 19:38, Miguel Cobá < [hidden email] > escreveu:
>> It is a new year and I thought that it would be good to know from which
>> part of the world each person in this list is (or was born), so we can
>> get a better look at the diversity of the community.
>>
>> I start:
>>
>> Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from
>>
>> Miguel Cobá|Spanish|Hola|Mexico|Mexico City,Mexico

Re: Origins [poll]

Geert Claes
Administrator
Geert Claes|Dutch|Hallo/Helaba/Yo|Belgium|Malta

Re: Origins [poll]

Stan Shepherd
Name|Native Language|Greeting in native lang|Born country|Writing from
Stan Shepherd | English | Hello | UK | County Dublin, Ireland
123