PDF Generation

garduino
Hi Guys:

I would like to ask, for production systems you are developing in Pharo/Squeak, what PDF generator are currently using?

Thanks.

Re: PDF Generation

Olivier Auverlot
Hi,

For Pharo, you could use Artefact.

Best regards
Olivier ;-)

Hi Guys:

I would like to ask, for production systems you are developing in
Pharo/Squeak, what PDF generator are currently using?

Thanks.

Re: PDF Generation

garduino
Thanks Olivier.

I ported an older version of Artefact to Cuis, to experiment with several stuff that I needed to generate from a desktop app.

But I was not aware of the new versions, I will check it, thanks!

Re: PDF Generation

mmimica
I used hpdf, but it was a painful experience. It did in the end thuogh.

On 23 April 2014 14:39, garduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Olivier.

I ported an older version of Artefact to Cuis, to experiment with several
stuff that I needed to generate from a desktop app.

But I was not aware of the new versions, I will check it, thanks!

Milan Mimica
http://sparklet.sf.net

Re: PDF Generation

Paul DeBruicker
I'm using wkhtmltopdf.org because all of my needs are from Seaside html pages.

I tried phantom.js but like the results from wkhtmltopdf better

garduino wrote
Hi Guys:

I would like to ask, for production systems you are developing in Pharo/Squeak, what PDF generator are currently using?

Thanks.

Re: PDF Generation

Esteban A. Maringolo
> I'm using wkhtmltopdf.org because all of my needs are from Seaside html
> pages.

Not an economic option, but at least to have something similar to
wkhtmltopdf to measure it against: http://www.princexml.com/

I considered it a lot of time ago, to discover that [1] one of the
creators of PrinceXML was one of the main developers of Opera (now its
CTO) and CSS3.

Best regards!

Esteban

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%A5kon_Wium_Lie

Re: PDF Generation

garduino
Thanks Milan, Paul and Esteban for the hints!

Re: PDF Generation

Stephan Eggermont-3
XeLaTex...

Re: PDF Generation

garduino
mmm, I really never hear about using this approach, I did a quick search and not found nothing....

Can you point some example?

Thanks!

Re: PDF Generation

otto
+1 for princexml.

Renders nicely using site CSS file, a big + for us.

Costs some money, but is way less than building separate pages for PDF
documents. i.e. we use the same page we generate for the site and the
site's CSS file. The fee we pay is way less than the work to do this.
Is there something else out there that does this?

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 4:01 AM, Esteban A. Maringolo
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I'm using wkhtmltopdf.org because all of my needs are from Seaside html
>> pages.
>
> Not an economic option, but at least to have something similar to
> wkhtmltopdf to measure it against: http://www.princexml.com/
>
> I considered it a lot of time ago, to discover that [1] one of the
> creators of PrinceXML was one of the main developers of Opera (now its
> CTO) and CSS3.
>
> Best regards!
>
> Esteban
>

> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%A5kon_Wium_Lie

Re: PDF Generation

Ryan Simmons-2
The above mentioned wkhtmltopdf and phantom.js work in the same way as princexml with html + css.

They do however lack all the extra CSS selectors that you get with princexml for making bookmarks etc inside the pdf.