PGP Encrypting & Squeak VM

Matt Eisenberg
Hi guys,

A little background: My work laptop has this really cool PGP whole-disk encryption software on it. The entire hard drive is encrypted, so that if my laptop is stolen, all of the data is safe. When the machine boots, I enter a passphrase which, I believe, enables the replaced hard disk driver to read the encrypted disk.

Wouldn't it be cool to have this sort of functionality built into the Squeak VM? Once could encrypt their image file once and then it is only available after entering the correct passphrase.

Sorry, maybe that's not making a whole lot of sense, but I'm excited about the idea of carting my image around on usb drive and not having to worry about shredding it off of any computer I use.

matt.

RE: PGP Encrypting & Squeak VM

Ron Teitelbaum

Hi Matt,

Have a look at: http://www.truecrypt.org/

It will probably do what you are looking for.

Ron Teitelbaum

Squeak Cryptography Team Leader