Package Dependency map/graph

Tobias Pape
Dear all,

find attached the current dependency graph/map
for the trunk with as few packages as possible loaded
as of this very moment.

best
        -tobias

trunkimage-deps-map.pdf (34K) Download Attachment
trunkimage-deps.pdf (27K) Download Attachment
signature.asc (1K) Download Attachment

Re: Package Dependency map/graph

Edgar De Cleene

On 1/25/14 9:06 PM, "Tobias Pape" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> find attached the current dependency graph/map
> for the trunk with as few packages as possible loaded
> as of this very moment.
>
> best
> -tobias

Very useful, thanks for doing it.
Question:
How you generate the graph?

Edgar

Re: Package Dependency map/graph

Tobias Pape
see my mail from a few month back, or:
https://github.com/krono/Squeak-Trunk-Deps
--
Tobias Pape
sent from a mobile device

Am 26.01.2014 um 07:01 schrieb Edgar De Cleene <[hidden email]>:

On 1/25/14 9:06 PM, "Tobias Pape" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear all,

find attached the current dependency graph/map
for the trunk with as few packages as possible loaded
as of this very moment.

best
-tobias

Very useful, thanks for doing it.
Question:
How you generate the graph?

Edgar

Re: Package Dependency map/graph

Frank Shearar-3
On 26 January 2014 00:06, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> find attached the current dependency graph/map
> for the trunk with as few packages as possible loaded
> as of this very moment.

For a raw view of the "full fat" 4.5, see here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iy0oy0y9eo7ht02/trunk-13661-deps.png

That horizontal "striping" you see in the lower image (more apparent
when zoomed out) is a sign of the layering we're starting to get
amongst the packages. The more tightly interwoven a set of packages
are, the more graphviz pulls them into the middle of the picture.

frank

On 26.01.2014, at 12:51, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 26 January 2014 00:06, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> find attached the current dependency graph/map
>> for the trunk with as few packages as possible loaded
>> as of this very moment.
>
> For a raw view of the "full fat" 4.5, see here:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/iy0oy0y9eo7ht02/trunk-13661-deps.png

you accidentally linked the .dot not the .png (although it is named png…)

On 26 January 2014 13:37, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 26.01.2014, at 12:51, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On 26 January 2014 00:06, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> find attached the current dependency graph/map
>>> for the trunk with as few packages as possible loaded
>>> as of this very moment.
>>
>> For a raw view of the "full fat" 4.5, see here:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/iy0oy0y9eo7ht02/trunk-13661-deps.png
>>

> you accidentally linked the .dot not the .png (although it is named png…)

That would explain why the preview failed...! Fixed now.

frank

Re: Package Dependency map/graph

Tobias Pape

On 26.01.2014, at 12:51, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 26 January 2014 00:06, Tobias Pape <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> find attached the current dependency graph/map
>> for the trunk with as few packages as possible loaded
>> as of this very moment.
>
> For a raw view of the "full fat" 4.5, see here:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/iy0oy0y9eo7ht02/trunk-13661-deps.png
>
> That horizontal "striping" you see in the lower image (more apparent
> when zoomed out) is a sign of the layering we're starting to get
> amongst the packages. The more tightly interwoven a set of packages
> are, the more graphviz pulls them into the middle of the picture.

I ran tours through my script, result attached :)

Best
        -Tobias

Archiv.zip (98K) Download Attachment