Package Universe for Squeak 3.9: file for Tric-RefractoringBrowser is no longer there

Package Universe for Squeak 3.9: file for Tric-RefractoringBrowser is no longer there

Matthias Berth-2
hello,

I was just trying to install Tric-RefractoringBrowser through the
package universe in the squeak-dev image 95. Entry looks like this:

Maintained by: Cees de Groot <[hidden email]>
Downloads from: http://de-1.tric.nl/%7Ecg/mc/Tric-RefractoringBrowser-CdG.7.mcz

That URL does not work anymore. The error message is somewhat
misleading: can't find EOCD position. I think it would be better to
check if that is a zip file up front (first two bytes should be pk?).

Cheers

Matthias

PS. Is there a preferred way of reporting problems with the package
universe, or is it OK if I send it to teh whole list?

Re: Package Universe for Squeak 3.9: file for Tric-RefractoringBrowser is no longer there

Lex Spoon-3
"Matthias Berth" <[hidden email]> writes:
> Maintained by: Cees de Groot <[hidden email]>
> Downloads from: http://de-1.tric.nl/%7Ecg/mc/Tric-RefractoringBrowser-CdG.7.mcz

> PS. Is there a preferred way of reporting problems with the package
> universe, or is it OK if I send it to teh whole list?

You should mail the person listed as maintainer.  If they do not help,
then you or they can contact whoever is maintaining the universe.  In
the case of the current development universe, that would be Damien
Cassou and myself.

It would be nice to have a real bug tracker around for this sort of
thing, so that you could post bugs against individual packages, but
nobody has ever set one up.

Lex

Re: Package Universe for Squeak 3.9: file for Tric-RefractoringBrowser is no longer there

Damien Cassou-3
07 Apr 2007 09:15:11 -0400, Lex Spoon <[hidden email]>:

> "Matthias Berth" <[hidden email]> writes:
> > Maintained by: Cees de Groot <[hidden email]>
> > Downloads from: http://de-1.tric.nl/%7Ecg/mc/Tric-RefractoringBrowser-CdG.7.mcz
>

> > PS. Is there a preferred way of reporting problems with the package
> > universe, or is it OK if I send it to teh whole list?
>

> You should mail the person listed as maintainer.  If they do not help,
> then you or they can contact whoever is maintaining the universe.  In
> the case of the current development universe, that would be Damien
> Cassou and myself.
>

> It would be nice to have a real bug tracker around for this sort of
> thing, so that you could post bugs against individual packages, but
> nobody has ever set one up.

What about bugs.squeak.org? How can we add new packages to it?

Damien Cassou

RE: Package Universe for Squeak 3.9: file for Tric-RefractoringBrowser is no longer there

Ken Causey-3

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding.  But if you go to http://bugs.squeak.org/ and choose the Squeak Packages project (which can be done from the drop down at the upper right) then you can report a bug and choose the package from the Category list.  Admittedly not all packages are listed there.  If the one you want to report an issue against is missing, just leave Any as the category, provide enough information in the report so I can figure out which package you mean, and I will fix it.  This has been around for years now.

Am I in fact misunderstanding what you mean?

Ken

RE: Package Universe for Squeak 3.9: file for Tric-RefractoringBrowser is no longer there

Ken Causey-3

Just make a report in the Squeak Packages project, choose Any as the category, and mention the correct package in the description.  I will add the Package and correct the report.

Ken

P.S.  This is nothing new.  It is in fact mentioned in the second paragraph of the Choose A Category section of Step 2 of the "Reporting a New Squeak Issue" document.

http://bugs.squeak.org/file_download.php?file_id=4&type=doc

Ken Causey <[hidden email]> writes:
> Just make a report in the Squeak Packages project, choose Any as the
> category, and mention the correct package in the description.  I
> will add the Package and correct the report.
>
> Ken
>
> P.S.  This is nothing new.  It is in fact mentioned in the second
> paragraph of the Choose A Category section of Step 2 of the
> "Reporting a New Squeak Issue" document.

Ah, very kind of you.  I have posted about this in the past a few
times looking for such help, and not received it.

Incidentally, the 3.9 stable universe has about 100 packages, and the
3.7 one about 200.  It might be nice to auto-create all the categories
from a script and then put that script in a cron job.

Lex

PS -- I am not familiar with the document you describe.  Ideally the
information would be available on the tracker site.