Package difference

Mateusz Grotek
How to see the difference between two packages by using Monticello?

Re: Package difference

Ben Coman
Mateusz Grotek wrote:
> How to see the difference between two packages by using Monticello?

Do you mean two versions of the same package, or two different packages?

cheers -ben

Re: [SPAM] Re: [Newbies] Package difference

Mateusz Grotek
Ben Coman pisze:

> Mateusz Grotek wrote:
>> How to see the difference between two packages by using Monticello?
>>

> Do you mean two versions of the same package, or two different packages?
>
> cheers -ben

Re: Package difference

Ben Coman

Mateusz Grotek wrote:
Ben Coman pisze:

Mateusz Grotek wrote:

How to see the difference between two packages by using Monticello?

Do you mean two versions of the same package, or two different packages?

cheers -ben

Two versions of the same package
To compare versions A & B of a package...
1. In Monticello <Open> the repository
2. Select package version A
3. Click <History>
4. From the history, right-click on package version B
5. then click <view changes -> "package B">

If however package B is not in the history of package A, then I think you can only load package A, then select package B and click <Changes>

hope that is clear enough,
cheers -ben

Re: Package difference

Mateusz Grotek
Ben Coman pisze:

> Mateusz Grotek wrote:
>> Ben Coman pisze:

>>> Do you mean two versions of the same package, or two different packages?
>>>
>>> cheers -ben
>>>
>> Two versions of the same package
> To compare versions A & B of a package...
> 1. In Monticello <Open> the repository
> 2. Select package version A
> 3. Click <History>
> 4. From the history, right-click on package version B
> 5. then click <view changes -> "package B">
>
> If however package B is not in the history of package A, then I think you can
> only load package A, then select package B and click <Changes>
>
> hope that is clear enough,
> cheers -ben

Thank you, it worked!
Is it possible to document it somewhere?
Mateusz

Re: Package difference

Ben Coman
Mateusz Grotek wrote:
Ben Coman pisze:

Mateusz Grotek wrote:

Ben Coman pisze:

Mateusz Grotek wrote:

How to see the difference between two packages by using Monticello?

Do you mean two versions of the same package, or two different packages?

cheers -ben

Two versions of the same package

To compare versions A & B of a package...
1. In Monticello <Open> the repository
2. Select package version A
3. Click <History>
4. From the history, right-click on package version B
5. then click <view changes -> "package B">

If however package B is not in the history of package A, then I think you can
only load package A, then select package B and click <Changes>

hope that is clear enough,
cheers -ben

Thank you, it worked!
Is it possible to document it somewhere?
Mateusz

Pharo By Example is probably a good place - if it isn't already.
Cross-posting for history purposes.

cheers -ben

Re: Package difference

baulamon