Paint tool affordance was re: [etoys-dev] The Paradox of Choice

1 message Options

Paint tool affordance was re: [etoys-dev] The Paradox of Choice

dcorking
On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 8:51 PM, karl ramberg wrote:
> I observed my kind using Etoys and they
> had a hard time
> grasping that they  had to paint one object at a time. They wanted to
> paint the background and all the objects
> at the same time.

Thanks Karl! Until you wrote that, I didn't realize we _could_ paint
the background. (I had never thought to look for the little spray can
in the world's halo. Now I feel so dumb!)

Now it will be much easier to make roads and racetracks. (Up to now,
our slightly awkward method was to paint new objects, and then scale
them up to suit.)

Subbu mentioned the onion skin, and I just noticed that the selection
tool for the rubber stamp sees partially through the onion skin and
grabs a faded copy of whatever is under it. Is there a need for some
kind of onion skin switch in the selection tool, that makes the skin
either fully transparent or fully opaque?

Have fun! David