Peristence with SandStone or Voyage -> Bypassing the saving of a variable.

Peristence with SandStone or Voyage -> Bypassing the saving of a variable.

sergio_101

So, I tried using mongo voyage for persistence of my Models, and when trying to the SsStateMachine, Mongo Voyager had problems figuring out what to do with my state machine..

So, it occurred to me.. the state machine really does nothing but guide the order through its journey. By the time the order is complete, the state machine is irrelevant.. and there is no chance that the state machine will ever be relevant..

So, my question is..

Is there any way to mark a variable (like statemachine) as “do not persist”?

This would solve all my problems..

Thanks!

Re: Peristence with SandStone or Voyage -> Bypassing the saving of a variable.

Sabine Manaa
Hi Sergio,

have a look at VOTransientDescription

I also have attributes which are not persistent.
I define them at class side like this:

mongoAccountingRecords
        <mongoDescription>

        ^ VOTransientDescription new
                attributeName: 'accountingRecords';
                yourself

Regards
Sabine

So, I tried using mongo voyage for persistence of my Models, and when trying to the SsStateMachine, Mongo Voyager had problems figuring out what to do with my state machine..

So, it occurred to me.. the state machine really does nothing but guide the order through its journey. By the time the order is complete, the state machine is irrelevant.. and there is no chance that the state machine will ever be relevant..

So, my question is..

Is there any way to mark a variable (like statemachine) as “do not persist”?

This would solve all my problems..

Thanks!

http://forum.world.st/Peristence-with-SandStone-or-Voyage-Bypassing-the-saving-of-a-variable-tp4954802.html
To start a new topic under Pharo Smalltalk Users, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Pharo Smalltalk Users, click here.
NAML

Re: Peristence with SandStone or Voyage -> Bypassing the saving of a variable.

sergio_101
Oh! good idea.. i’ll take a look..

i ended up throwing them into a temp variable.. then saving.. then bringing it back..

thanks!