Personal SqueakSource for 5.2 on SqueakMap

Personal SqueakSource for 5.2 on SqueakMap

Chris Muller-4
I've completed my first round of updates the "Personal SqueakSource"
package for 5.2 running on 64-bit.  By running it out of a work
directory on your hard drive, it provides mc revision history for all
of your own personal code in the same way we access to that for
Squeak's base code.  **No client code is required** in your images to
do this!

The installation has been simplified (no more special "squeaksource"
user).  I did all of the tedious setup work so you don't have to.
Complete documentation is here.

    http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/6365

I verified in a clean Ubuntu 16.04 Virtual Host with stock 5.2 images
that the above Setup instructions "just works" and only takes a few minutes.

I hope you'll give it a try and give me your feedback.  I'd like to
not be the only one who ever touches this code.  In the meantime, I
will reach out to Dave to see if we can get it running with
UTCDateaAndTime installed.

After that, I will update the source.squeak.org server with this new
version, and the timeouts we've
been suffering with will vanish!

 - Chris

PS -- BTW, this is a fantastic "example" server application from the
sense of implementing production server best-practices and also the
sheer breadth of different technologies it demonstrates (web, raw HTTP
requests, emailing, server deployment, availability, RFB, etc.).

Re: Personal SqueakSource for 5.2 on SqueakMap

David T. Lewis
Thanks Chris,

The "Personal SqueakSource" installation worked fine for me as of
about a week ago. I'll load the latest updates and make sure it's
still looking good.

all: I know it might seem over the top to run your own server app
on your laptop or PC or whatever, but it's kind of fun to see it
all work. Give it a try if you have not done so before :-)

Dave