Pharo Launcher

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi

where can I find the pharo launcher for the latest version of Pharo?

Re: Pharo Launcher

SergeStinckwich

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

where can I find the pharo launcher for the latest version of Pharo?

​I'm still fighting to use Pharo Launcher in Cameroon with very low bandwidth ...
Most of the time I have an error: can't find EOCD position.
What is the meaning of this error ? a latency problem ?
 ​

Serge Stinckwich
UCN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Pharo Launcher

Ben Coman

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 6:35 PM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

where can I find the pharo launcher for the latest version of Pharo?

​I'm still fighting to use Pharo Launcher in Cameroon with very low bandwidth ...
Most of the time I have an error: can't find EOCD position.
What is the meaning of this error ? a latency problem ?

>> My screen shows I'm processing "update-nice.42.mcm"
>> and downloading "kernel-nice.278.mcz"
>> and I get a debugger notify "can't find EOCD position"
>>
>> Known?  Or does someone want some debugging data?

>Clean out the MC cache and try again. This error means the zip is
>corrupt.

With very low bandwidth, maybe you want to limit totally clearing the cache.
You might try a script that copies the .mcz to .zip and uses the system `unzip`
to identify corrupt files.

cheers -ben

Re: Pharo Launcher

Stephane Ducasse-3
yes latency problem. We should improve on that front :(

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Serge Stinckwich
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 2:32 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> where can I find the pharo launcher for the latest version of Pharo?
>>

> I'm still fighting to use Pharo Launcher in Cameroon with very low bandwidth
> Most of the time I have an error: can't find EOCD position.
> What is the meaning of this error ? a latency problem ?
>

>> Stef
>>

> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UCN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Pharo Launcher

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Stephane Ducasse-3 wrote
where can I find the pharo launcher for the latest version of Pharo?
Yes, it seems like the CI has been failing for weeks, or am I missing something?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Pharo Launcher

EstebanLM

> On 13 Jul 2017, at 02:41, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Stephane Ducasse-3 wrote
>> where can I find the pharo launcher for the latest version of Pharo?
>
> Yes, it seems like the CI has been failing for weeks, or am I missing
> something?

Christophe was working on a new version.
No idea what’s the status but it should to be ready soon.

Esteban