Pharo3 and MetacelloPreview

Johan Brichau-3
Hi all,

When I load the Metacello Preview in Pharo3, I get a very weird loading of the Phantom-Core-dgg.24 package (which yields a warning because of unexisting classes in the image).

Nowhere in my image (thus all loaded configurations) I can find the name 'Phantom'. So where is this coming from?
What I can make of the execution stack in Metacello is that 'Metacello-ProfStef-dkh.13' strangely resolves to a loading of 'Phantom-Core-dgg.24'

Anyone using the Metacello Preview in Pharo3?
Anyone experiencing the same?

Johan

Re: Pharo3 and MetacelloPreview

Johan Brichau-3
Sorry, I meant the loading of the following:

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfMetacello)
        new
        project
        version: #previewBootstrap)
        load.

On 13 Jan 2014, at 09:18, Johan Brichau <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When I load the Metacello Preview in Pharo3, I get a very weird loading of the Phantom-Core-dgg.24 package (which yields a warning because of unexisting classes in the image).
>
> Nowhere in my image (thus all loaded configurations) I can find the name 'Phantom'. So where is this coming from?
> What I can make of the execution stack in Metacello is that 'Metacello-ProfStef-dkh.13' strangely resolves to a loading of 'Phantom-Core-dgg.24'
>
> Anyone using the Metacello Preview in Pharo3?
> Anyone experiencing the same?
>
> Johan

Re: Pharo3 and MetacelloPreview

demarey

Hi Johan,

You should not do that because Metacello Preview is already loaded in Pharo 3.0.

Regards,

Christophe.

Re: Pharo3 and MetacelloPreview

Ben Coman-2
ChristopheD wrote:

> Hi Johan,
>
> You should not do that because Metacello Preview is already loaded in
> Pharo 3.0.

How do you start Metacello Preview in 3.0? Is it a separate tool that I
should expect to see in the Tools menu?
cheers -ben

ChristopheD wrote:

> Hi Ben,
> I don't see you point on Metacello Preview. Metacello is not a tool
> nor have an UI. It is a library to manage software dependencies. I
> develop a tool on top of Metacello Preview called Versionner that will
> be integrated in the Pharo 3.0 image soon
> (https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/view/Versions%20and%20Dependencies/job/Versionner/).
> Warning: there is a pending bug with Spec preventing some part of the
> UI to &nbsp;load properly. If you want to use Metacello Preview
> without UI, take a look at
> https://github.com/dalehenrich/metacello-work/blob/master/docs/MetacelloUserGuide.md.

> Best regards, Christophe.

Whoops.  I think I misunderstood.  Do you mean Metacello Preview is a
"preview-release" of new version of Metacello?  I was reading the use of
capital 'P' like Metacello Preview was a name like Metacello Tool X,
which could "preview" Configurations.
cheers -ben

Le samedi 18 janvier 2014 16:47:28 UTC+1, BenComan a écrit :
Whoops.  I think I misunderstood.  Do you mean Metacello Preview is a
"preview-release" of new version of Metacello?  I was reading the use of
capital 'P' like Metacello Preview was a name like Metacello Tool X,
which could "preview" Configurations.
cheers -ben

Metacello Preview is in a way the Metacello 2 Release Candidate and is already included in latest Pharo, Squeak and GemStone images.

Cheers,
Christophe.