Pillar in GT

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Following the installation instructions [1] in Moose 5.0 downloaded via Pharo Launcher, I got:
  Warning: This package depends on the following classes:
    PRExportConfiguration
  You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
    gtInspectorInputFilesIn:

[1] http://www.humane-assessment.com/blog/writing-pillar-books-with-the-gtinspector/
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Pillar in GT

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Bump :)

Sean P. DeNigris wrote
Following the installation instructions [1] in Moose 5.0 downloaded via Pharo Launcher, I got:
  Warning: This package depends on the following classes:
    PRExportConfiguration
  You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
    gtInspectorInputFilesIn:

[1] http://www.humane-assessment.com/blog/writing-pillar-books-with-the-gtinspector/
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Pillar in GT

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

Pillar underwent some refactorings and one class extension had to be moved. It should work now.

Cheers,
Doru

On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 1:49 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Bump :)

Sean P. DeNigris wrote
> Following the installation instructions [1] in Moose 5.0 downloaded via
> Pharo Launcher, I got:
>   Warning: This package depends on the following classes:
>     PRExportConfiguration
>   You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load
> these definitions:
>     gtInspectorInputFilesIn:
>
> [1]
> http://www.humane-assessment.com/blog/writing-pillar-books-with-the-gtinspector/

-----
Cheers,
Sean

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Pillar in GT

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Tudor Girba-2 wrote
It should work now.
Now...
Warning: This package depends on the following classes:
  OrderedDictionary
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these definitions:
  fromSton:
  stonOn:
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Pillar in GT

Tudor Girba-2
How did you load?

I used this:

Gofer new
     smalltalkhubUser: 'Pier' project: 'Pillar';
     configuration;
     loadStable.

Gofer new
     smalltalkhubUser: 'Moose' project: 'GToolkit';
     package: 'GT-InspectorExtensions-Pillar';
     load.

Cheers,
Doru

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 11:19 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Tudor Girba-2 wrote
> It should work now.

Now...
Warning: This package depends on the following classes:
  OrderedDictionary
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these
definitions:
  fromSton:
  stonOn:

-----
Cheers,
Sean

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Pillar in GT

Nicolai Hess
"  OrderedDictionary
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these
definitions:
  fromSton:
  stonOn:"

Looks like an 5.0 vs 5.1 issue

How did you load?

I used this:

Gofer new
     smalltalkhubUser: 'Pier' project: 'Pillar';
     configuration;
     loadStable.

Gofer new
     smalltalkhubUser: 'Moose' project: 'GToolkit';
     package: 'GT-InspectorExtensions-Pillar';
     load.

Cheers,
Doru

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 11:19 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Tudor Girba-2 wrote
> It should work now.

Now...
Warning: This package depends on the following classes:
  OrderedDictionary
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these
definitions:
  fromSton:
  stonOn:

-----
Cheers,
Sean

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Pillar in GT

Tudor Girba-2
I am loading in a Pharo 4.0.

Doru

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 12:13 AM, Nicolai Hess <[hidden email]> wrote:
"  OrderedDictionary
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these
definitions:
  fromSton:
  stonOn:"

Looks like an 5.0 vs 5.1 issue

How did you load?

I used this:

Gofer new
     smalltalkhubUser: 'Pier' project: 'Pillar';
     configuration;
     loadStable.

Gofer new
     smalltalkhubUser: 'Moose' project: 'GToolkit';
     package: 'GT-InspectorExtensions-Pillar';
     load.

Cheers,
Doru

On Sat, Apr 18, 2015 at 11:19 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Tudor Girba-2 wrote
> It should work now.

Now...
Warning: This package depends on the following classes:
  OrderedDictionary
You must resolve these dependencies before you will be able to load these
definitions:
  fromSton:
  stonOn:

-----
Cheers,
Sean

"Every thing has its own flow"

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Pillar in GT

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Tudor Girba-2 wrote
How did you load?
I used the much longer script from your blog post (http://www.humane-assessment.com/blog/writing-pillar-books-with-the-gtinspector), which recommends evaluating it in Moose 5.0. Your new script seems to work in Moose 5.1. Thanks!
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Pillar in GT

Tudor Girba-2
That is because island parsing is now part of the PetitParser version which is loaded in Moose 5.1.

Cheers,
Doru

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 2:09 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Tudor Girba-2 wrote
> How did you load?

I used the much longer script from your blog post
(http://www.humane-assessment.com/blog/writing-pillar-books-with-the-gtinspector),
which recommends evaluating it in Moose 5.0. Your new script seems to work
in Moose 5.1. Thanks!

-----
Cheers,
Sean

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Pillar in GT

Stephan Eggermont-3

On 18/04/15 22:46, Tudor Girba wrote:
> Pillar underwent some refactorings and one class extension had to be
> moved. It should work now.

Well, nearly. The refactorings are not complete, as they broke Pier

Stephan

Re: Pillar in GT

Stephan Eggermont-3
#parameterAt:ifPresent: is missing in PRValueLink
Probably trivial for the one who made the refactorings.

Stephan

On 19/04/15 14:58, Tudor Girba wrote:
What does not work?

Doru

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 2:00 PM, Stephan Eggermont <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 18/04/15 22:46, Tudor Girba wrote:
Pillar underwent some refactorings and one class extension had to be moved. It should work now.

Well, nearly. The refactorings are not complete, as they broke Pier

Stephan

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: Pillar in GT

Offray
Hi Sean,

About writing documentation insde Pharo using glamorous toolkit, I have
made a small alpha project, called grafoscopio[1] that makes that, but
it has an alternative approach to Pillar. The document is an interactive
tree which lives inside the image and exports to file system to create
html, latex and pdf (via pandoc[2]). You can see a demo video at [3]

[1] http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Offray/Grafoscopio
[2] http://pandoc.org/
[3] https://archive.org/details/gfcp-alpha-saving-playgrounds-1.mp4

May be you can take a look at it to see if helps you in any way or to
comment

Cheers,

Offray