Please test this change set! :) (#layoutBounds:)

Please test this change set! :) (#layoutBounds:)

marcel.taeumel (old)
Morph-layoutBounds.st

If I am right, and this does not slow things down, we might get rid of many nasty hacks out there. It may just have been a bug in Morph >> #layoutBounds: so long to not use the #bounds: setter there.

Please, test this!! :)

If it works, people can stop overriding both #extent: and #layoutBounds: in the future.

Best,
Marcel

Re: Please test this change set! :) (#layoutBounds:)

marcel.taeumel (old)
As for Squeak 4.6, this change would make all Morph tests green again.

Best,
Marcel

Re: Please test this change set! :) (#layoutBounds:)

David T. Lewis
On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 10:30:19AM -0700, Marcel Taeumel wrote:

> Morph-layoutBounds.st
> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4821834/Morph-layoutBounds.st>
>
> If I am right, and this does not slow things down, we might get rid of many
> nasty hacks out there. It may just have been a bug in Morph >>
> #layoutBounds: so long to not use the #bounds: setter there.
>
> Please, test this!! :)
>
> If it works, people can stop overriding both #extent: and #layoutBounds: in
> the future.

I tried loading Morph-layoutBounds.st and did not see any change for the
worse (which is good).

However, when I opened a file list (to load the change set), I see some
some layout problems that must have been introduced in some of the recent
changes. When opened at its initial size, the panes overlap one another.
If I expand the size of the file list browser, it works properly. So it
must be something related to the minimum extent settings

The tool bar along the top also seems to have become much wider, so maybe
a related issue.

Dave

Re: Please test this change set! :) (#layoutBounds:)

marcel.taeumel (old)

With "toolbar along the top" you mean the buttons in the file list tool?

Best,
Marcel

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 09:41:41AM -0700, Marcel Taeumel wrote:

> With "toolbar along the top" you mean the buttons in the file list tool?
>
> Best,
> Marcel

No, sorry, I meant the docking bar.

Dave