Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

12

Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

grit
Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool is now available for download!

Plopp, the cool 3D painting tool is now ready for downloading at
www.planet-plopp.com!
Plopp is the first painting tool for kids where you can paint 3D objects
very easily! Just paint in 2D and Plopp will transform your paintings
into 3D objects! Friendly and helpful Plipp will assist you. If you can
do without help (and Plipp), try one of the versions for "professionals".
There are a number of different themes available, each coming with extra
templates. Current available themes are Classic, Space, On the Farm,
Horse-Riding, Wild West, Knight Castle and Aqua for grown-ups.

All Plopp versions are available for Windows 98,2000, and XP (Vista
coming soon), Mac OS X 10.2 and greater. Without a serial number the
Windows and Mac versions of Plopp run in demo mode so you can give
painting with Plopp a try. With one purchased serial number you can run
as many themes as you like as full version!

Plopp Classic is also available for Ubuntu Linux for free! Try it! (And
send me comments, please.)

Check out the tutorial videos
(http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/tips.html), the wiideos
(http://youtube.com/results?search_query=plopp+wii&search=Search), and
cool Plopp paintings
(http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/biggerkids.html)!

Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Bert Freudenberg
On Mar 27, 2007, at 14:12 , Grit Schuster wrote:

> Plopp, the cool 3D painting tool is now ready for downloading at
> www.planet-plopp.com!
> Plopp is the first painting tool for kids where you can paint 3D
> objects very easily! Just paint in 2D and Plopp will transform your
> paintings into 3D objects! Friendly and helpful Plipp will assist
> you. If you can do without help (and Plipp), try one of the
> versions for "professionals".
> There are a number of different themes available, each coming with
> extra templates. Current available themes are Classic, Space, On
> the Farm, Horse-Riding, Wild West, Knight Castle and Aqua for grown-
> ups.
>
> All Plopp versions are available for Windows 98,2000, and XP (Vista
> coming soon), Mac OS X 10.2 and greater. Without a serial number
> the Windows and Mac versions of Plopp run in demo mode so you can
> give painting with Plopp a try. With one purchased serial number
> you can run as many themes as you like as full version!
>
> Plopp Classic is also available for Ubuntu Linux for free! Try it!
> (And send me comments, please.)
>
> Check out the tutorial videos (http://www.planet-plopp.com/
> biggerkids/tips.html), the wiideos (http://youtube.com/results?
> search_query=plopp+wii&search=Search), and cool Plopp paintings
> (http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/biggerkids.html)!

In case anybody is wondering - this is actually built in Squeak using
Croquet (sans networking) and Tweak (for the UI). There has been a
German-only version in stores since last April, this is the English
version. Check it out, it's fun, and my kids love it :)

- Bert -

Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Aaron Reichow
Grit, or anyone on the list-

How do you actually download it?

It looks like you'd download it here- http://www.planet-plopp.com/
biggerkids/shop.html because it says "Downloading PLOPP," but I can't
figure it out for the life of me...

Regards,
Aaron

On Mar 27, 2007, at 7:12 AM, Grit Schuster wrote:

> Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool is now available for download!
>
> Plopp, the cool 3D painting tool is now ready for downloading at
> www.planet-plopp.com!
> Plopp is the first painting tool for kids where you can paint 3D
> objects very easily! Just paint in 2D and Plopp will transform your
> paintings into 3D objects! Friendly and helpful Plipp will assist
> you. If you can do without help (and Plipp), try one of the
> versions for "professionals".
> There are a number of different themes available, each coming with
> extra templates. Current available themes are Classic, Space, On
> the Farm, Horse-Riding, Wild West, Knight Castle and Aqua for grown-
> ups.
>
> All Plopp versions are available for Windows 98,2000, and XP (Vista
> coming soon), Mac OS X 10.2 and greater. Without a serial number
> the Windows and Mac versions of Plopp run in demo mode so you can
> give painting with Plopp a try. With one purchased serial number
> you can run as many themes as you like as full version!
>
> Plopp Classic is also available for Ubuntu Linux for free! Try it!
> (And send me comments, please.)
>
> Check out the tutorial videos (http://www.planet-plopp.com/
> biggerkids/tips.html), the wiideos (http://youtube.com/results?
> search_query=plopp+wii&search=Search), and cool Plopp paintings
> (http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/biggerkids.html)!

Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Andreas.Raab
On the right-hand side there are three buttons linking to the platform
downloads:

http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/download_win.html
http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/download_mac.html
http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/download_linux.html

You should be able to find the downloads from there or else something is
really wrong with your browser... ;-)

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Aaron Reichow wrote:

> Grit, or anyone on the list-
>
> How do you actually download it?
>
> It looks like you'd download it here-
> http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/shop.html because it says
> "Downloading PLOPP," but I can't figure it out for the life of me...
>
> Regards,
> Aaron
>
> On Mar 27, 2007, at 7:12 AM, Grit Schuster wrote:
>
>> Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool is now available for download!
>>
>> Plopp, the cool 3D painting tool is now ready for downloading at
>> www.planet-plopp.com!
>> Plopp is the first painting tool for kids where you can paint 3D
>> objects very easily! Just paint in 2D and Plopp will transform your
>> paintings into 3D objects! Friendly and helpful Plipp will assist you.
>> If you can do without help (and Plipp), try one of the versions for
>> "professionals".
>> There are a number of different themes available, each coming with
>> extra templates. Current available themes are Classic, Space, On the
>> Farm, Horse-Riding, Wild West, Knight Castle and Aqua for grown-ups.
>>
>> All Plopp versions are available for Windows 98,2000, and XP (Vista
>> coming soon), Mac OS X 10.2 and greater. Without a serial number the
>> Windows and Mac versions of Plopp run in demo mode so you can give
>> painting with Plopp a try. With one purchased serial number you can
>> run as many themes as you like as full version!
>>
>> Plopp Classic is also available for Ubuntu Linux for free! Try it!
>> (And send me comments, please.)
>>
>> Check out the tutorial videos
>> (http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/tips.html), the wiideos
>> (http://youtube.com/results?search_query=plopp+wii&search=Search), and
>> cool Plopp paintings
>> (http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/biggerkids.html)!

Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

grit
Hi Aaron,
The shop is the right place!
There are 3 download buttons for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Then you can download any Plopp-Version as Demo for free. If you want to run the full version you have to buy the serial number also on this site. However the Linux version is completely free.
Yours, Grit.

On 3/27/07, Aaron Reichow <[hidden email]> wrote:
Grit, or anyone on the list-

How do you actually download it?

It looks like you'd download it here- http://www.planet-plopp.com/
biggerkids/shop.html because it says "Downloading PLOPP," but I can't
figure it out for the life of me...

Regards,
Aaron

Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Aaron Reichow
Man, how embarassing! :P

I didn't even see that there was anything over on the right hand
side, and I didn't even see that there was a horizontal scrollbar.
It just looked so... contained that I was expecting download buttons
at the top or below. Whoops.

D'oh, indeed.

Regards,
Aaron

On Mar 27, 2007, at 12:11 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> On the right-hand side there are three buttons linking to the
> platform downloads:
>
> http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/download_win.html
> http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/download_mac.html
> http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/download_linux.html
>
> You should be able to find the downloads from there or else
> something is really wrong with your browser... ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas
>
> Aaron Reichow wrote:
>> Grit, or anyone on the list-
>> How do you actually download it?
>> It looks like you'd download it here- http://www.planet-plopp.com/
>> biggerkids/shop.html because it says "Downloading PLOPP," but I
>> can't figure it out for the life of me...
>> Regards,
>> Aaron
>> On Mar 27, 2007, at 7:12 AM, Grit Schuster wrote:
>>> Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool is now available for download!
>>>
>>> Plopp, the cool 3D painting tool is now ready for downloading at
>>> www.planet-plopp.com!
>>> Plopp is the first painting tool for kids where you can paint 3D
>>> objects very easily! Just paint in 2D and Plopp will transform
>>> your paintings into 3D objects! Friendly and helpful Plipp will
>>> assist you. If you can do without help (and Plipp), try one of
>>> the versions for "professionals".
>>> There are a number of different themes available, each coming
>>> with extra templates. Current available themes are Classic,
>>> Space, On the Farm, Horse-Riding, Wild West, Knight Castle and
>>> Aqua for grown-ups.
>>>
>>> All Plopp versions are available for Windows 98,2000, and XP
>>> (Vista coming soon), Mac OS X 10.2 and greater. Without a serial
>>> number the Windows and Mac versions of Plopp run in demo mode so
>>> you can give painting with Plopp a try. With one purchased serial
>>> number you can run as many themes as you like as full version!
>>>
>>> Plopp Classic is also available for Ubuntu Linux for free! Try
>>> it! (And send me comments, please.)
>>>
>>> Check out the tutorial videos (http://www.planet-plopp.com/
>>> biggerkids/tips.html), the wiideos (http://youtube.com/results?
>>> search_query=plopp+wii&search=Search), and cool Plopp paintings
>>> (http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/biggerkids.html)!

Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

keith1y
If, like me, you bought the German version, can you use the serial
number from that?

Keith

Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Nicolas Cellier-3
I tried plopp in my old mandrake PC.

What to do with a deb file ? Well:
#ar z plopp*.deb
does extract the contents
then i can inspect and manually copy the contents of the data.tar.gz to
/usr through mc.

Unfortunately, plopp command will complain:
/usr/share/games/plopp/Contents/Linux386/Plopp: /lib/i686/libc.so.6:
version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by
/usr/share/games/plopp/Contents/Linux386/Plopp)

# rpm -qa | grep glibc
glibc-2.3.2-14mdk

I do not much feel like playing the upgrading game...

Gasp, my machine is too old to plopp? Though i can squeak without problem...
Or can i hack something in the executable, and pray that GLIBC_2.3 will do?

Andreas Raab a écrit :

> On the right-hand side there are three buttons linking to the platform
> downloads:
>
> http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/download_win.html
> http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/download_mac.html
> http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/download_linux.html
>
> You should be able to find the downloads from there or else something is
> really wrong with your browser... ;-)
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas

Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Mikael Kindborg-2
Very nice! Great work!
Micke

2007/3/27, Grit Schuster <[hidden email]>:

> Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool is now available for download!
>
> Plopp, the cool 3D painting tool is now ready for downloading at
> www.planet-plopp.com!
> Plopp is the first painting tool for kids where you can paint 3D objects
> very easily! Just paint in 2D and Plopp will transform your paintings
> into 3D objects! Friendly and helpful Plipp will assist you. If you can
> do without help (and Plipp), try one of the versions for "professionals".
> There are a number of different themes available, each coming with extra
> templates. Current available themes are Classic, Space, On the Farm,
> Horse-Riding, Wild West, Knight Castle and Aqua for grown-ups.
>
> All Plopp versions are available for Windows 98,2000, and XP (Vista
> coming soon), Mac OS X 10.2 and greater. Without a serial number the
> Windows and Mac versions of Plopp run in demo mode so you can give
> painting with Plopp a try. With one purchased serial number you can run
> as many themes as you like as full version!
>
> Plopp Classic is also available for Ubuntu Linux for free! Try it! (And
> send me comments, please.)
>
> Check out the tutorial videos
> (http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/tips.html), the wiideos
> (http://youtube.com/results?search_query=plopp+wii&search=Search), and
> cool Plopp paintings
> (http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/biggerkids.html)!

Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Aaron Reichow
Nicolas-

I'm not really the one to talk, but from what José Luis Redrejo just
said in the previous message in this thread, you should be able to
use your existing Squeak VM to run Plopp, which itself seems pretty
amazing.   Not sure if any old Squeak VM would work or if you'd need
a newer one or a Croquet VM for the presumably-needed OpenGL
support.  But José just wrote:

> Just forget my previous email. I've started it smoothly with the
> squeak-vm we have in linex.

So give it a try!

Regards,
Aaron

On Mar 27, 2007, at 2:39 PM, nicolas cellier wrote:

> I tried plopp in my old mandrake PC.
>
> What to do with a deb file ? Well:
> #ar z plopp*.deb
> does extract the contents
> then i can inspect and manually copy the contents of the
> data.tar.gz to /usr through mc.
>
> Unfortunately, plopp command will complain:
> /usr/share/games/plopp/Contents/Linux386/Plopp: /lib/i686/libc.so.
> 6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by /usr/share/games/
> plopp/Contents/Linux386/Plopp)
>
> # rpm -qa | grep glibc
> glibc-2.3.2-14mdk
>
> I do not much feel like playing the upgrading game...
>
> Gasp, my machine is too old to plopp? Though i can squeak without
> problem...
> Or can i hack something in the executable, and pray that GLIBC_2.3
> will do?
>

> Andreas Raab a écrit :
>> On the right-hand side there are three buttons linking to the
>> platform downloads:
>> http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/download_win.html
>> http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/download_mac.html
>> http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/download_linux.html
>> You should be able to find the downloads from there or else
>> something is really wrong with your browser... ;-)
>> Cheers,
>>   - Andreas

Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Giovanni Corriga
Il giorno mar, 27/03/2007 alle 14.12 +0200, Grit Schuster ha scritto:
> Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool is now available for download!

http://weeklysqueak.wordpress.com/2007/03/28/plopp-the-cool-3d-painting-tool-is-now-available-for-download/

        Giovanni

Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Nicolas Cellier-3
Thank you Aaron.

So, the image must be plopp.poi in /usr/share/games/plopp/Contents/Resources
But squeak searches for plopp.poi.image.

So i #ln -s plopp.poi plopp.image and hack the script
/usr/share/games/plopp/Plopp.sh

#!/bin/sh
APP=`dirname $0`
EXE="$APP/Contents/Linux386"
RES="$APP/Contents/Resources"

#exec "$EXE/Plopp" -plugins "$EXE" \
exec squeak -plugins "$EXE" \
         -encoding latin1 \
         -vm-display-X11 -swapbtn  \
         "$RES/plopp.image"

#       "$RES/plopp.poi"

Image opens, plopp tells me to wait, CPU is loaded, intro is played
(plopp takes the pen and writes his name), but then plopp freezes at
bottom right of the blank window, and image vanishes...

Any clue?

Aaron Reichow a écrit :

> Nicolas-
>
> I'm not really the one to talk, but from what José Luis Redrejo just
> said in the previous message in this thread, you should be able to use
> your existing Squeak VM to run Plopp, which itself seems pretty
> amazing.   Not sure if any old Squeak VM would work or if you'd need a
> newer one or a Croquet VM for the presumably-needed OpenGL support.  But
> José just wrote:
>
>> Just forget my previous email. I've started it smoothly with the
>> squeak-vm we have in linex.
>
> So give it a try!
>
> Regards,
> Aaron
>
> On Mar 27, 2007, at 2:39 PM, nicolas cellier wrote:
>
>> I tried plopp in my old mandrake PC.
>>
>> What to do with a deb file ? Well:
>> #ar z plopp*.deb
>> does extract the contents
>> then i can inspect and manually copy the contents of the data.tar.gz
>> to /usr through mc.
>>
>> Unfortunately, plopp command will complain:
>> /usr/share/games/plopp/Contents/Linux386/Plopp: /lib/i686/libc.so.6:
>> version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by
>> /usr/share/games/plopp/Contents/Linux386/Plopp)
>>
>> # rpm -qa | grep glibc
>> glibc-2.3.2-14mdk
>>
>> I do not much feel like playing the upgrading game...
>>
>> Gasp, my machine is too old to plopp? Though i can squeak without
>> problem...
>> Or can i hack something in the executable, and pray that GLIBC_2.3
>> will do?
>>

>> Andreas Raab a écrit :
>>> On the right-hand side there are three buttons linking to the
>>> platform downloads:
>>> http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/download_win.html
>>> http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/download_mac.html
>>> http://www.planet-plopp.com/biggerkids/download_linux.html
>>> You should be able to find the downloads from there or else something
>>> is really wrong with your browser... ;-)
>>> Cheers,
>>>   - Andreas

Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Damien Cassou-3
2007/3/29, nicolas cellier <[hidden email]>:
> Image opens, plopp tells me to wait, CPU is loaded, intro is played
> (plopp takes the pen and writes his name), but then plopp freezes at
> bottom right of the blank window, and image vanishes...
>
> Any clue?

What does appear in the console ?

Damien Cassou

Damien Cassou a écrit :
> 2007/3/29, nicolas cellier <[hidden email]>:
>> Image opens, plopp tells me to wait, CPU is loaded, intro is played
>> (plopp takes the pen and writes his name), but then plopp freezes at
>> bottom right of the blank window, and image vanishes...
>>
>> Any clue?
>
> What does appear in the console ?

Hi Damien, just saw your mail on squeak-french.
Nothing, console is clean and sounds plays all right...

Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Karl-19
nicolas cellier skrev:

> Damien Cassou a écrit :
>> 2007/3/29, nicolas cellier <[hidden email]>:
>>> Image opens, plopp tells me to wait, CPU is loaded, intro is played
>>> (plopp takes the pen and writes his name), but then plopp freezes at
>>> bottom right of the blank window, and image vanishes...
>>>
>>> Any clue?
>>
>> What does appear in the console ?
>>

> Hi Damien, just saw your mail on squeak-french.
> Nothing, console is clean and sounds plays all right...

Bert said Plopp uses OpenGL.

Karl

Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Nicolas Cellier-3
Thanks Karl and Bert

I have libGL.so libGLU.so libGLw.a libglut.so in /usr/X11R6/lib

Is there a specific library or version or directory tree expected?

Nicolas

karl a écrit :

> nicolas cellier skrev:
>> Damien Cassou a écrit :

>>> What does appear in the console ?
>>>

>> Hi Damien, just saw your mail on squeak-french.
>> Nothing, console is clean and sounds plays all right...
>>

> Bert said Plopp uses OpenGL.
>
> Karl

Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Nicolas Cellier-3
I also forgot to mention Plopp says "i'am sorry, i don't know what to
doooo" before quiting...

Concerning OpenGL, doing a
#strings /usr/share/games/plopp/Contents/Resources/plopp.poi | grep GL

i saw a libGL.so.1 which is one i have...

anything else requested?

Nicolas

nicolas cellier a écrit :

> Thanks Karl and Bert
>
> I have libGL.so libGLU.so libGLw.a libglut.so in /usr/X11R6/lib
>
> Is there a specific library or version or directory tree expected?
>
> Nicolas
>
> karl a écrit :
>> nicolas cellier skrev:

>>> Hi Damien, just saw your mail on squeak-french.
>>> Nothing, console is clean and sounds plays all right...
>>>

>> Bert said Plopp uses OpenGL.
>>
>> Karl

Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Jens Lincke
nicolas cellier schrieb:

> I also forgot to mention Plopp says "i'am sorry, i don't know what to
> doooo" before quiting...
>
> Concerning OpenGL, doing a
> #strings /usr/share/games/plopp/Contents/Resources/plopp.poi | grep GL
>
> i saw a libGL.so.1 which is one i have...
>
> anything else requested?
>
> Nicolas
can you send me your crash report , which goes into

~/.Plopp1.2$  and is named something like plopp31Mar1837.log

we have some sound problems under linux too

try http://www.impara.de/~jens/plopp/plopp_1.2.3-1_i386.deb

or

http://www.impara.de/~jens/plopp/plopp_1.2.3-1_i386.changes

and change the Plopp.sh into something like this,
this fixes the issue on my system, i have had the time
to package it again

#!/bin/sh
APP=`dirname $0`
EXE="$APP/Contents/Linux386"
RES="$APP/Contents/Resources"

exec "$EXE/Plopp" -plugins "$EXE" \
        -encoding latin1 \
        -vm-display-X11 -swapbtn  \
        -vm-sound-oss \
        "$RES/plopp.image"

-  Jens -

> nicolas cellier a écrit :
>> Thanks Karl and Bert
>>
>> I have libGL.so libGLU.so libGLw.a libglut.so in /usr/X11R6/lib
>>
>> Is there a specific library or version or directory tree expected?
>>
>> Nicolas
>>
>> karl a écrit :

>>> Bert said Plopp uses OpenGL.
>>>
>>> Karl

Re: Plopp, The Cool 3D Painting Tool for download

Nicolas Cellier-3
Ah, thanks Jens,

i have no sound problem, but seems to be something with openGL (seeing
the attached stack dump).

Any cure ?

plopp01Apr2215.log.gz (8K) Download Attachment

nicolas cellier schrieb:
> Ah, thanks Jens,
>
> i have no sound problem, but seems to be something with openGL (seeing
> the attached stack dump).
>
> Any cure ?

there could be the following problems:

1) you don't have hardeware accellerated opengl
 - test it with glxgears and glxinfo

2) you have a very new xorg, like the latest ubuntu, withs x composite
turned on
- uses the latest squeak vm or the  one  I provided, it has the fixes...

- Jens -

> Jens Lincke a écrit :
>> nicolas cellier schrieb:
>>> I also forgot to mention Plopp says "i'am sorry, i don't know what
>>> to doooo" before quiting...
>>>
>>> Concerning OpenGL, doing a
>>> #strings /usr/share/games/plopp/Contents/Resources/plopp.poi | grep GL
>>>
>>> i saw a libGL.so.1 which is one i have...
>>>
>>> anything else requested?
>>>
>>> Nicolas
>> can you send me your crash report , which goes into
>>
>> ~/.Plopp1.2$  and is named something like plopp31Mar1837.log
>>
>> we have some sound problems under linux too
>>
>> try http://www.impara.de/~jens/plopp/plopp_1.2.3-1_i386.deb
>>
>> or
>>
>> http://www.impara.de/~jens/plopp/plopp_1.2.3-1_i386.changes
>>
>> and change the Plopp.sh into something like this,
>> this fixes the issue on my system, i have had the time
>> to package it again
>>

>> #!/bin/sh
>> APP=`dirname $0`
>> EXE="$APP/Contents/Linux386"