Plopp US/English?

David Faught

Michael Rueger wrote:
>Planned yes. You can order plopp on the German amazon.de site, don't
>know if they ship to the US though.
>
>BTW, does anyone have a suggestion for a different name for the English
>version? Seems the connotations of plopp aren't making it a suitable
>name in English ;-)

As interested as I am in supporting Squeak-based products, I can tell
you that the competition for my money is Cosmic Blobs
http://www.cosmicblobs.com/  The marketing and web site is very slick,
it is reasonably priced, and I am thinking that it may be a superior
technology in some respects.  Although I may buy the English version
of Plopp anyway, if and when it becomes available.  Has anyone done
anything with real-time metaballs modeling in Squeak?

As for an English name for Plopp, how about:

3D Playground, Kids 3D Sketching, Swell, Billow, No Huff No Puff,
Balloon 3D, Bear Bolster, 3D Pump, Pooch, Inflation Creation ...

Re: Plopp US/English?

Simon Michael
Woah, nice names David, you've got a talent there. :)

Squeak on the Nokia 770

Dan Ingalls
Has anyone ported Squeak to the Nokia 770?

I'm interested in tinyBenchmarks, and also a qualitative evaluation
of speed and usability of the UI.

Thanks
        - Dan

Re: Squeak on the Nokia 770

Damien Pollet
On 10/3/06, Dan Ingalls <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Has anyone ported Squeak to the Nokia 770?

I have this in my bookmarks, untested.
http://tech.inhelsinki.nl/2006-08-29/

--
 Damien Pollet
 type less, do more

Re: Squeak on the Nokia 770

Rudolf Rednose
Hello Dan,
maybe here is a hint:
ask Aaron Reichow - but he is not reading the list regulary -
reic0024[at]d[dot]umn[dot]edu
on IRC (06-10-01) he mentioned:
04:31:47 <rev> efc: but now i've recieved a new gadget- the nokia 770, a linux-based handheld (a pda w/o PIM apps- they call it an "internet tablet")
04:33:09 <rev> efc: i forgot to finish... the problem with the Nokia 770 is that while it has a gorgeous screen- 4.5" 800x480- it only has a 220 MHz XScale CPU
04:33:28 <rev> so i will be revisiting some older squeaks for my nokia 770
Cheers Rudolf
--

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 09:30:01 -0700
Von: Dan Ingalls <[hidden email]>
An: The general-purpose Squeak developers list <[hidden email]>
Betreff: Squeak on the Nokia 770

> Has anyone ported Squeak to the Nokia 770?
>
> I'm interested in tinyBenchmarks, and also a qualitative evaluation
> of speed and usability of the UI.
>
> Thanks
> - Dan

Re: Squeak on the Nokia 770

stephane ducasse-2
If someone does it we would be interested by the port.
We would like to use this machine for some experiences with mobile
devices

stef