Poll: interest in glorp driver for MySql?

Poll: interest in glorp driver for MySql?

keith1y
I think that the latest MySql should be able to support what Glorp
needs, the last info I could find on this was from a few years ago.

I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in this?

Keith

Re: Poll: interest in glorp driver for MySql?

Edward Stow
On 22/10/2007, Keith Hodges <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I think that the latest MySql should be able to support what Glorp
> needs, the last info I could find on this was from a few years ago.
>
> I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in this?

Yes.  A well support MySql driver with Glorp and / or ActiveRecord
would be a welcome addition.

Edward

Re: Poll: interest in glorp driver for MySql?

Jason Rogers-4
I would be very interested in this!

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live;
yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life
which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of
the Son of God, who loved me, and gave
himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20

Re: Poll: interest in glorp driver for MySql?

Paolo Bonzini-2
Keith Hodges wrote:
> I think that the latest MySql should be able to support what Glorp
> needs, the last info I could find on this was from a few years ago.
>
> I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in this?

You can find one in GNU Smalltalk (2.3.6 should have one that is
compatible with Josh Miller's MySQL driver).

Paolo

Re: Poll: interest in glorp driver for MySql?

Herbert König
Hello Keith,

KH> I think that the latest MySql should be able to support what Glorp
KH> needs, the last info I could find on this was from a few years ago.
KH> I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in this?

I'm using mysql (4.?) with squeak but as it's only reading existing
tables, I'm only interested in continued mysql support.

Otoh I see no need to upgrade the database system or Squeak (3.8) in
the next 5 years and who knows what people will be using then.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Poll: interest in glorp driver for MySql?

EstebanLM
Yes! That would be great!

On 10/22/07, Herbert König <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Keith,

KH> I think that the latest MySql should be able to support what Glorp
KH> needs, the last info I could find on this was from a few years ago.
KH> I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in this?

I'm using mysql (4.?) with squeak but as it's only reading existing
tables, I'm only interested in continued mysql support.

Otoh I see no need to upgrade the database system or Squeak (3.8) in
the next 5 years and who knows what people will be using then.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

--
"Querer es suscitar las paradojas"
Camus. El míto de Sísifo.