Portland, Oregon Smalltalk User Group

Dane Jensen
Hi all-

I've been toying with the thought of starting up a Smalltalk user group
here in the sunny city of Portland, Oregon and wanted to get a sense of
the level of interest.

It's a shame that a city with this much open source activity (yearly
host of OSCON, home of the OSDL, and home to more notable people that I
can count) should lack such a group.

If there's interest, I'll see about getting a mailing list setup (I'd
love suggestions on where that should be too) and we can see where it
goes from there.

-Dane Jensen

Re: Portland, Oregon Smalltalk User Group

stéphane ducasse-2
andrew black is teaching at the Portland university
On 11 juil. 06, at 19:10, Dane Jensen wrote:

> Hi all-
>
> I've been toying with the thought of starting up a Smalltalk user
> group here in the sunny city of Portland, Oregon and wanted to get
> a sense of the level of interest.
>
> It's a shame that a city with this much open source activity
> (yearly host of OSCON, home of the OSDL, and home to more notable
> people that I can count) should lack such a group.
>
> If there's interest, I'll see about getting a mailing list setup
> (I'd love suggestions on where that should be too) and we can see
> where it goes from there.
>
> -Dane Jensen

Re: Portland, Oregon Smalltalk User Group

Steven W. Riggins
While I'm still a Smalltalk n00b, I would love to attend some meetings.

On Jul 13, 2006, at 2:48 PM, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> andrew black is teaching at the Portland university
> On 11 juil. 06, at 19:10, Dane Jensen wrote:
>
>> Hi all-
>>
>> I've been toying with the thought of starting up a Smalltalk user
>> group here in the sunny city of Portland, Oregon and wanted to get
>> a sense of the level of interest.
>>
>> It's a shame that a city with this much open source activity
>> (yearly host of OSCON, home of the OSDL, and home to more notable
>> people that I can count) should lack such a group.
>>
>> If there's interest, I'll see about getting a mailing list setup
>> (I'd love suggestions on where that should be too) and we can see
>> where it goes from there.
>>
>> -Dane Jensen

Re: Portland, Oregon Smalltalk User Group

Steven W Riggins
While I'm still a Smalltalk n00b, I would love to attend some meetings.

On Jul 13, 2006, at 2:48 PM, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> andrew black is teaching at the Portland university
> On 11 juil. 06, at 19:10, Dane Jensen wrote:
>
>> Hi all-
>>
>> I've been toying with the thought of starting up a Smalltalk user
>> group here in the sunny city of Portland, Oregon and wanted to get
>> a sense of the level of interest.
>>
>> It's a shame that a city with this much open source activity
>> (yearly host of OSCON, home of the OSDL, and home to more notable
>> people that I can count) should lack such a group.
>>
>> If there's interest, I'll see about getting a mailing list setup
>> (I'd love suggestions on where that should be too) and we can see
>> where it goes from there.
>>
>> -Dane Jensen

Re: Portland, Oregon Smalltalk User Group

Emerson Murphy-Hill
I'm interested.  I think Yahoo Groups has a pretty easy mailing list setup.

-e

Dane Jensen wrote:

> Hi all-
>
> I've been toying with the thought of starting up a Smalltalk user
> group here in the sunny city of Portland, Oregon and wanted to get a
> sense of the level of interest.
>
> It's a shame that a city with this much open source activity (yearly
> host of OSCON, home of the OSDL, and home to more notable people that
> I can count) should lack such a group.
>
> If there's interest, I'll see about getting a mailing list setup (I'd
> love suggestions on where that should be too) and we can see where it
> goes from there.
>
> -Dane Jensen

Re: Portland, Oregon Smalltalk User Group

Thomas Lockney
On 7/20/06, Emerson Murphy-Hill <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I'm interested.  I think Yahoo Groups has a pretty easy mailing list setup.
>
> -e

Dane has already gotten the list set up. You can sign up here:

~thomas