Precompiled Windows VM is out of date

Tapple Gao

Hi. We are looking to finalize the transition of Open Cobalt as
a Squeak 4.2 application, and our biggest blocker right now is
the Windows VM. It has some segfaults that I suspect would be
fixed in a newer release. It would also be nice to have a stable
Cog-compatable windows VM.

The latest release is 4.1.1, from April last year. Is a newer
one coming soon, for the Squeak 4.2 release?

Matthew Fulmer (a.k.a. Tapple)

Re: Precompiled Windows VM is out of date

Igor Stasenko

On 23 February 2011 23:11, Matthew Fulmer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi. We are looking to finalize the transition of Open Cobalt as
> a Squeak 4.2 application, and our biggest blocker right now is
> the Windows VM. It has some segfaults that I suspect would be
> fixed in a newer release. It would also be nice to have a stable
> Cog-compatable windows VM.
>
> The latest release is 4.1.1, from April last year. Is a newer
> one coming soon, for the Squeak 4.2 release?

Once i will finish with Squeak VM on unix, i will start making cmake
configs for windoze.

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.

Re: Precompiled Windows VM is out of date

Andreas.Raab

Hi Matthew -

I'll see what I can do. Unfortunately I've been traveling a lot the last
couple of weeks and had virtually no time for Squeak. I'm hoping to be
able to spend a couple of hours next week on the Windows VM.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

On 2/23/2011 5:11 PM, Matthew Fulmer wrote:

> Hi. We are looking to finalize the transition of Open Cobalt as
> a Squeak 4.2 application, and our biggest blocker right now is
> the Windows VM. It has some segfaults that I suspect would be
> fixed in a newer release. It would also be nice to have a stable
> Cog-compatable windows VM.
>
> The latest release is 4.1.1, from April last year. Is a newer
> one coming soon, for the Squeak 4.2 release?

Re: Precompiled Windows VM is out of date

stephane ducasse-2

Soon the vm on all platforms will be built each time there is a commit in VMMaker :)
Stay tuned.

Stef

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 09:36:09PM +0100, stephane ducasse wrote:

> Soon the vm on all platforms will be built each time there is a commit in VMMaker :)
> Stay tuned.

Oh nice. that will reduce the turnaround time from me reporting
a bug to me testing the fix from months to days. and maybe make
the vm version numbers make sense again.

--
Matthew Fulmer (a.k.a. Tapple)