Preferences systemWindowEmbedOK

Hannes Hirzel
> Name: Morphic-mt.1336
> Author: mt
> Time: 10 May 2017, 10:13:26.142647 am
> UUID: 4d60356c-2429-724c-9d45-4fe22cd330fc
> Ancestors: Morphic-ul.1335
> Actually, we should think about the necessity of having the preference
> #systemWindowEmbedOK, which is set to "true" in current images. Setting that
> preference to "false" would have also solved the issue but committing state
> (other than code) via Monticello is cumbersome.

+1 for this.

However if

     Preferences systemWindowEmbedOK

is disabled is is not possible to drop system windows into flaps.
A mechanism which is useful to move system windows to another project.

> I think that that preference origins from the time when we could manage
> worlds in worlds and also MVC windows having Morphic worlds. Much of that
> code was removed in the course of clean-up since MVC and Morphic are quite
> different in their basic event processing and drawing methods.

--Hannes

Re: Preferences systemWindowEmbedOK

Hannes Hirzel
<[hidden email]> Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 5:30 PM
To: The general-purpose Squeak developers list
<[hidden email]>

Yeah, I think most people think of windows as a container of other
things, not a thing being contained itself.

Didn't even know about systemWindowEmbedOK:,

+1 for its default value to be false..