Presenting Pharo in Greece

12

Presenting Pharo in Greece

kilon.alios
Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or programming experience required.

The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in Athens.

More info can be found here

https://hackfest.gr/

This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish me luck :)

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

Thierry Goubier

Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or programming experience required.

The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in Athens.

More info can be found here

https://hackfest.gr/

This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish me luck :)

Good luck and have fun talking about what you like and wish!

Thierry

Thierry

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

stepharo
good luck :)

Le 12/5/16 à 12:50, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :

> Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes
> presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any
> Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk
> will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or
> programming experience required.
>
> The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May
> 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in
> Athens.
>
> More info can be found here
>
> https://hackfest.gr/
>
> This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my
> first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish
> me luck :)

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

kilon.alios
thanks any idea where i can get the card that contains the pharo syntax ?

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:33 AM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
good luck :)

Le 12/5/16 à 12:50, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
> Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes
> presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any
> Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk
> will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or
> programming experience required.
>
> The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May
> 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in
> Athens.
>
> More info can be found here
>
> https://hackfest.gr/
>
> This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my
> first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish
> me luck :)

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

Julien Delplanque
Hello Dimitris,

Is this http://c2.com/cgi-bin/wiki?SmalltalkSyntaxInaPostcard what
you're looking for?

Good luck for your presentation.

Julien

On 13/05/16 10:32, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:

> thanks any idea where i can get the card that contains the pharo syntax ?
>
> On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:33 AM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> good luck :)
>>

>> Le 12/5/16 à 12:50, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
>>> Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes
>>> presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any
>>> Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk
>>> will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or
>>> programming experience required.
>>>
>>> The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May
>>> 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in
>>> Athens.
>>>
>>> More info can be found here
>>>
>>> https://hackfest.gr/
>>>
>>> This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my
>>> first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish
>>> me luck :)

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 13 May 2016, at 10:32, Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> thanks any idea where i can get the card that contains the pharo syntax ?

Maybe you are looking for this

http://files.pharo.org/media/pharoCheatSheet.pdf

?

It was very recently updated, maybe people gave feedback.

Good luck with your presentation !

> On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:33 AM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> good luck :)
>

> Le 12/5/16 à 12:50, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
> > Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes
> > presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any
> > Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk
> > will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or
> > programming experience required.
> >
> > The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May
> > 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in
> > Athens.
> >
> > More info can be found here
> >
> > https://hackfest.gr/
> >
> > This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my
> > first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish
> > me luck :)

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

Clément Béra
I usually get it from http://files.pharo.org/

In media, pharoCheatSheet or flyer-cheat-sheet.

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:32 AM, Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
thanks any idea where i can get the card that contains the pharo syntax ?

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:33 AM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
good luck :)

Le 12/5/16 à 12:50, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
> Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes
> presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any
> Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk
> will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or
> programming experience required.
>
> The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May
> 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in
> Athens.
>
> More info can be found here
>
> https://hackfest.gr/
>
> This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my
> first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish
> me luck :)

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 13 May 2016, at 11:09, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 13 May 2016, at 10:32, Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> thanks any idea where i can get the card that contains the pharo syntax ?
>
> Maybe you are looking for this
>
> http://files.pharo.org/media/pharoCheatSheet.pdf
>
> ?
>
> It was very recently updated, maybe people gave feedback.

Damn automatic spelling correction: maybe -> many

> Good luck with your presentation !
>
>> On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:33 AM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> good luck :)
>>

>> Le 12/5/16 à 12:50, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
>>> Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes
>>> presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any
>>> Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk
>>> will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or
>>> programming experience required.
>>>
>>> The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May
>>> 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in
>>> Athens.
>>>
>>> More info can be found here
>>>
>>> https://hackfest.gr/
>>>
>>> This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my
>>> first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish
>>> me luck :)

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

kilon.alios
yes Julien , that was what I mean , Sven and Clement thank you I was not aware of this, this is excellent template for my presentation so I can mention all the important parts in 30 minutes.

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 12:25 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 13 May 2016, at 11:09, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On 13 May 2016, at 10:32, Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> thanks any idea where i can get the card that contains the pharo syntax ?
>
> Maybe you are looking for this
>
> http://files.pharo.org/media/pharoCheatSheet.pdf
>
> ?
>
> It was very recently updated, maybe people gave feedback.

Damn automatic spelling correction: maybe -> many

> Good luck with your presentation !
>
>> On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:33 AM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> good luck :)
>>

>> Le 12/5/16 à 12:50, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
>>> Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes
>>> presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any
>>> Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk
>>> will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or
>>> programming experience required.
>>>
>>> The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May
>>> 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in
>>> Athens.
>>>
>>> More info can be found here
>>>
>>> https://hackfest.gr/
>>>
>>> This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my
>>> first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish
>>> me luck :)

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

stepharo
I massively improved it. I took all the feedback I got in particular
from eliot that apparently loved it :)

> http://files.pharo.org/media/pharoCheatSheet.pdf
>
> ?
>
> It was very recently updated, maybe people gave feedback.
>
> Good luck with your presentation !

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

stepharo

If you need slides let me know.

I have many keynotes files.

Stef

Le 13/5/16 à 10:32, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
thanks any idea where i can get the card that contains the pharo syntax ?

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:33 AM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
good luck :)

Le 12/5/16 à 12:50, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
> Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes
> presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any
> Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk
> will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or
> programming experience required.
>
> The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May
> 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in
> Athens.
>
> More info can be found here
>
> https://hackfest.gr/
>
> This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my
> first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish
> me luck :)

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

kilon.alios
stef anything you have on live coding would be an immense help

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 1:46 PM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

If you need slides let me know.

I have many keynotes files.

Stef

Le 13/5/16 à 10:32, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
thanks any idea where i can get the card that contains the pharo syntax ?

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:33 AM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
good luck :)

Le 12/5/16 à 12:50, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
> Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes
> presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any
> Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk
> will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or
> programming experience required.
>
> The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May
> 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in
> Athens.
>
> More info can be found here
>
> https://hackfest.gr/
>
> This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my
> first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish
> me luck :)

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

stepharo

I have the theorical part (what do we need to achieve that).

Else did you have a look at the second counter videos of the mooc?

Because I start usually with

    Ok develop a counter

    then let us code in the debugger

and I turned these into two videos. There are in the mooc.

Stef

Le 13/5/16 à 12:47, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
stef anything you have on live coding would be an immense help

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 1:46 PM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

If you need slides let me know.

I have many keynotes files.

Stef

Le 13/5/16 à 10:32, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
thanks any idea where i can get the card that contains the pharo syntax ?

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:33 AM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
good luck :)

Le 12/5/16 à 12:50, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
> Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes
> presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any
> Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk
> will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or
> programming experience required.
>
> The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May
> 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in
> Athens.
>
> More info can be found here
>
> https://hackfest.gr/
>
> This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my
> first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish
> me luck :)

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

kilon.alios
Where may I find the Mooc ?

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 3:38 PM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have the theorical part (what do we need to achieve that).

Else did you have a look at the second counter videos of the mooc?

Because I start usually with

    Ok develop a counter

    then let us code in the debugger

and I turned these into two videos. There are in the mooc.

Stef

Le 13/5/16 à 12:47, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
stef anything you have on live coding would be an immense help

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 1:46 PM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

If you need slides let me know.

I have many keynotes files.

Stef

Le 13/5/16 à 10:32, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
thanks any idea where i can get the card that contains the pharo syntax ?

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:33 AM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
good luck :)

Le 12/5/16 à 12:50, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
> Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes
> presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any
> Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk
> will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or
> programming experience required.
>
> The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May
> 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in
> Athens.
>
> More info can be found here
>
> https://hackfest.gr/
>
> This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my
> first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish
> me luck :)

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hi Dimtris,

Best luck! If you use the same approachable tone of your video tutorials
surely you will do fine. The emphasis on live coding instead of
programming surely will open the Pharo world to a more diverse audience.
In my workshop talking about data visualization, reproducible research
and data activism has bring people from journalism and communication,
anthropology, chemistry. So, surely it will be an interesting presentation.

Cheers,

Offray

On 12/05/16 05:50, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:

> Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes
> presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any
> Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk
> will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or
> programming experience required.
>
> The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May
> 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in
> Athens.
>
> More info can be found here
>
> https://hackfest.gr/
>
> This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my
> first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish
> me luck :)

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

kilon.alios
offray thanks, any link to your presentations to steal ideas ?

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 6:27 PM Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dimtris,

Best luck! If you use the same approachable tone of your video tutorials
surely you will do fine. The emphasis on live coding instead of
programming surely will open the Pharo world to a more diverse audience.
In my workshop talking about data visualization, reproducible research
and data activism has bring people from journalism and communication,
anthropology, chemistry. So, surely it will be an interesting presentation.

Cheers,

Offray

On 12/05/16 05:50, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:
> Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes
> presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any
> Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk
> will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or
> programming experience required.
>
> The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May
> 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in
> Athens.
>
> More info can be found here
>
> https://hackfest.gr/
>
> This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my
> first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish
> me luck :)

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hi,

Sure. Here are the last mind maps I used in my talks:

- As png/pdf:
  - http://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/grafoscopio/doc/tip/Docs/En/Talks/grafoscopio-talk-map.png
  - http://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/grafoscopio/doc/tip/Docs/Es/Presentaciones/grafoscopio.pdf

- As source code for Xmind/Freemind (respectively)
  - http://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/grafoscopio/doc/tip/Docs/En/Talks/grafoscopio-map-en.xmind
  - http://mutabit.com/repos.fossil/grafoscopio/doc/tip/Docs/Es/Presentaciones/grafoscopio.mm

Hope they help.

Offray

On 13/05/16 14:17, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:
offray thanks, any link to your presentations to steal ideas ?

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 6:27 PM Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dimtris,

Best luck! If you use the same approachable tone of your video tutorials
surely you will do fine. The emphasis on live coding instead of
programming surely will open the Pharo world to a more diverse audience.
In my workshop talking about data visualization, reproducible research
and data activism has bring people from journalism and communication,
anthropology, chemistry. So, surely it will be an interesting presentation.

Cheers,

Offray

On 12/05/16 05:50, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:
> Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes
> presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any
> Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk
> will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or
> programming experience required.
>
> The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May
> 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in
> Athens.
>
> More info can be found here
>
> https://hackfest.gr/
>
> This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my
> first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish
> me luck :)

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

kilon.alios
Thank you very much offray it looks very organized

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:28 PM Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Offray

On 13/05/16 14:17, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:
offray thanks, any link to your presentations to steal ideas ?

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 6:27 PM Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dimtris,

Best luck! If you use the same approachable tone of your video tutorials
surely you will do fine. The emphasis on live coding instead of
programming surely will open the Pharo world to a more diverse audience.
In my workshop talking about data visualization, reproducible research
and data activism has bring people from journalism and communication,
anthropology, chemistry. So, surely it will be an interesting presentation.

Cheers,

Offray

On 12/05/16 05:50, Dimitris Chloupis wrote:
> Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes
> presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any
> Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk
> will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or
> programming experience required.
>
> The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May
> 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in
> Athens.
>
> More info can be found here
>
> https://hackfest.gr/
>
> This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my
> first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish
> me luck :)

Re: Presenting Pharo in Greece

stepharo

check pharo web site this is written in large.

Le 13/5/16 à 14:41, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
Where may I find the Mooc ?

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 3:38 PM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have the theorical part (what do we need to achieve that).

Else did you have a look at the second counter videos of the mooc?

Because I start usually with

    Ok develop a counter

    then let us code in the debugger

and I turned these into two videos. There are in the mooc.

Stef

Le 13/5/16 à 12:47, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
stef anything you have on live coding would be an immense help

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 1:46 PM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:

If you need slides let me know.

I have many keynotes files.

Stef

Le 13/5/16 à 10:32, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
thanks any idea where i can get the card that contains the pharo syntax ?

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:33 AM stepharo <[hidden email]> wrote:
good luck :)

Le 12/5/16 à 12:50, Dimitris Chloupis a écrit :
> Hey I wanted to inform you that I will be doing a 30 minutes
> presentation of Pharo in Hackerspace , Athens so if there are any
> Greeks watching the list they are more than welcomed to join. My talk
> will focus on live coding and no familiarity with Pharo/Smalltalk or
> programming experience required.
>
> The talk will be 30 minutes and it will be given in 15:30 28th of May
> 2016 (Saturday) as part of Hackfest 2016 organized by Hackerspace in
> Athens.
>
> More info can be found here
>
> https://hackfest.gr/
>
> This will be both the first time Pharo is presented in Greece and my
> first presentation so I am pretty excited about how it will go. Wish
> me luck :)

12