Printing??

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Hello all,

Not really a UI question, but do any of you print from Squeak?  I would
need to do so on Windows and Linux.  I have found post script canvas
classes, but nothing that looks like it gets regular use for creating
hardcopy.  My actual need is to print "graphics" that I split across
typically < 20 pages.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254

Email: [hidden email]
Tel: (352) 846-1285
FAX: (352) 392-7029

Re: Printing??

Herbert König
Hello Bill,

BS> Not really a UI question, but do any of you print from Squeak?  I would
BS> need to do so on Windows and Linux.  I have found post script canvas
BS> classes, but nothing that looks like it gets regular use for creating
BS> hardcopy.  My actual need is to print "graphics" that I split across
BS> typically < 20 pages.

Matej Košík published a cs to print as html, "Simple way how to export
book-morphs to a sequence of interlinked HTML pages". Others use
PostScript and on the mac there seems to be some real print support.
"mac printjobplugin goes to v1.4"

An if you need to do something yourself,
ParagraphEditor>>sendContentsToPrinter
might be a start.

I store mails on my computer so I can't give you links.

Cheers

Herbert                            mailto:[hidden email]

Re: Printing??

Bert Freudenberg
On Nov 22, 2007, at 8:30 , Herbert König wrote:

> Hello Bill,
>
> BS> Not really a UI question, but do any of you print from Squeak?
> I would
> BS> need to do so on Windows and Linux.  I have found post script
> canvas
> BS> classes, but nothing that looks like it gets regular use for
> creating
> BS> hardcopy.  My actual need is to print "graphics" that I split
> across
> BS> typically < 20 pages.
>
> Matej Košík published a cs to print as html, "Simple way how to export
> book-morphs to a sequence of interlinked HTML pages". Others use
> PostScript and on the mac there seems to be some real print support.
> "mac printjobplugin goes to v1.4"

I think Sophie has decent printing support.

- Bert -

Re: Printing??

Schwab,Wilhelm K
I forgot about Sophie!!!  Thanks!