Problem building VM with block closure support on OS X

Problem building VM with block closure support on OS X

Phil B

I've built a VM from the latest svn sources and it works as expected
with older images (i.e. pre-block closures).  However it appears to
have a problem opening images with block closure support (VM hang with
high cpu usage when attempting to open the image.)  Is there a manual
step that I missed that isn't in readme re: building a VM with block
closure support for OS X?

Thanks,
Phil

Re: Problem building VM with block closure support on OS X

johnmci

Steps please...

On 2010-03-01, at 9:19 PM, Phil (list) wrote:

> I've built a VM from the latest svn sources and it works as expected with older images (i.e. pre-block closures).  However it appears to have a problem opening images with block closure support (VM hang with high cpu usage when attempting to open the image.)  Is there a manual step that I missed that isn't in readme re: building a VM with block closure support for OS X?
>
> Thanks,
> Phil

John M. McIntosh <[hidden email]>   Twitter:  squeaker68882

Re: Problem building VM with block closure support on OS X

Phil B

John,

I'm following the steps from platforms/Mac OS/vm/Documentation/
readme.txt.  The only variation is that I started with
Squeak3.10.2-7179-basic rather than Squeak3.10.gamma.7159 for
VMMaker.  VMMaker successfully generates the src tree and Xcode builds
the VM without error.  Then I run the built VM via Xcode the Run->Run
menu and select the image to run when prompted.

Thanks,
Phil